Instruments take up too much screen space!

I just got Cubase Pro 8 yesterday and I have an annoying issue I hope can be easily solved. I don’t know if this is useful to know, but I’ll let you know anyway: I have a 64bit PC and I am running 64bit everything (Cubase Pro 8, and the trial versions of Halion 5, Halion Sonic 2, Groove Agent 4 and The Grand 3 SE). My problem is that all instruments I’ve tried all appear bigger than what they appear in YouTube videos, they’re so big that they go beyond the toolbar on the bottom. And that doesn’t look normal.

Welcome to the forums and Cubase.

Do you by chance have Windows Control Panel/Display set to something larger than 100%?

You might want to post a screen shot so folks can see what it looks like.

Finally it is generally a good idea to include your DAW specs in your signature as many issues can be dependent on the hardware and software you have installed. Having all the info there makes it easier to spot stuff.

I don’t think there’s any more need to explain further into detail as I went to my local store yesterday. They checked my screen resolution and they said I would have to increase it. It’s 1366 x 768 and won’t go higher, so there’s nothing I can do. I got this PC last year, so that’s ridiculous! In other words: I wasted money… I can buy a second screen, one that is bigger. But I want to go back to Mac as I like Mac better, so I’m saving up for a MacBook Pro this summer.

This resolution is problematic indeed. I have a laptop with this resolution aswell and working with cubase aint fun. Also many third party plugins are too big for this screen. Kontakt 5 for instance doesnt fit completely on the screen. A vertical resolution of at least 1024 px is highly recommended. a second screen is always good to have. Even when you buy a new mac book :wink: