Integrating Albion One String Articulations with Expression Maps

I just got Dorico yesterday and am excited to integrate Spitfire’s Albion One String (and other sections also) articulations into Dorico. In particular there are 2 articulations that have the low strings in octaves. I have tried playing around with creating a new playing technique but didn’t have any luck with this.

Is there a way to do this so I can create expression maps that show custom playing technique names that I create (if this is even possible)?

Many thanks in advance…

This is indeed possible…

• go Engrave/Playing Technique and click New on the left. Give it an appropriate name, e.g. LS8
  • fill in the details correspondingly… the 3rd line from the bottom is important now… Click the Edit button and in the new dlg, click New on the left and name it e.g. LowStringOctaves
  • OK the dialogs and back in your score hit shift-P and find LS8…
  • open the appropriate Expression Map and add the technique LowStringOctaves to the technique list. The Technique name is replaced by a unique ID, which isn’t very helpful, but I assume this will change later on…

I’ve tried the above routine couple of times and it basically works as expected. I have, however, had problems with the technique (LowStringOctaves in this example) not appearing in the list at all, or appearing at the top or bottom of the list rather than alfabetically. Repeating the configuration has cured it though…

Thanks! :slight_smile: