interapp midi freeze problem

Hello guys…hope yall good. have a problem with bm3 and cubasis…when i choose bm3 as interapp in cubasis and record a midi i get a strange sound when i freeze the midi track to audio.it happens only with BM3 in cubasis.other interapps work fine…i have a video to show you my problem

Hi John1289,

Thanks for your message.

To me it looks like BM3 can be used as IAA generator only (see here: Limitations of Inter-App Audio - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums).
Using BM3 via IAA audio on an audio track in Cubasis works as expected.

Will discuss the topic with our engineers and get back to you.

Best,
Lars

thnaks for the answer.and i think you are right.so i just create a mini track send it to bm3 and then route the audio to an audio track.works great

Hi John1289,

Great to hear BM3 works as expected via IAA Audio at your end as well.
Our engineering confirms, that IAA MIDI seems not supported by BM3. Will try getting in touch with them to make them aware of the issue.

Here comes the technical background information from our engineering:
BM3 lists itself as an IAA instrument, but in reality it’s only an IAA generator.
IAA instruments receive MIDI through IAA, which is not the case with BM3. If you add a MIDI track and assign BM3 as an instrument, playing on the Cubasis keyboard will not produce any sound.

In the video, the CoreMIDI connection between Cubasis and BM3 is configured in the inspector. CoreMIDI is not related to IAA in any way.
To record an IAA generator like BM3, is to set the MIDI track to “No instrument”, write the notes on the MIDI track, set it’s CoreMIDI output to BM3 (as shown in the video). Then add an audio track, open the Routing panel in the inspector and select Inter-App / BM3 as input (instead of mono). Recording audio on this track will result in an IAA recording of BM3 playing the (CoreMIDI, not IAA MIDI) notes from the other MIDI track.

Best,
Lars