Interface localization

1. В русской локализации Dorico есть много некорректного перевода интерфейса. Есть ли возможность самому поправить файл локализации? Или кому можно писать об ошибках в переводе интерфейса программы? Иногда, из-за неправильного перевода просто не понимаешь за что отвечает та или иная опция программы.

2. В настройках “Key Commands” русский перевод выходит за пределы окна и как следствие невозможно прочитать за что отвечает та или иная команда. Смотрите на прикрепленный рисунок.
    Надо это дело как-то подправить, но не укорачивая саму строку перевода. Можно чтобы активная строка меню, которая не помещается, отображалась полностью во всплывающей подсказке. Или как вариант мышкой регулировать ширину строки меню.

3. Окна настроек программы поддаются масштабированию, Это очень хорошо, потому что иногда перевод интерфейса на других языках не помещается полностью. Часто окно настроек не помещается на небольшом экране ноутбука. Но почему нельзя реализовать запоминание вручную выставленные размеры окна настроек? Если часто приходится открывать те или иные настройки программы, то каждый раз приходится сначала изменять размер окна настроек программы. Надеюсь разработчики учтут этот момент и в следующей версии программы исправят это.

=================================================

1. in the Russian localization Dorico there is a lot of incorrect translation of the interface. Is it possible to correct the localization file yourself? Or who can write about errors in the translation of the program interface? Sometimes, due to incorrect translation you simply do not understand what the program’s option is responsible for.

2. in the “Key Commands” settings Russian translation goes beyond the window and as a result it is impossible to read what the team is responsible for. Look at the attached picture.
    It is necessary to correct this case, but do not shortening the line of translation. You can make the active menu bar, which does not fit, appear completely in the ToolTip. Or as a variant of the mouse to adjust the width of the menu bar.

3. Program settings windows are scalable, this is very good, because sometimes translation of the interface in other languages does not fit completely. Often the settings window does not fit on a small laptop screen. But why is it impossible to implement memorization of the settings window manually? If you often have to open some program settings, each time you have to change the size of the Program Settings window first. Hopefully the developers will consider this point and in the next version of the program will fix it.

You cannot easily change the localisation yourself, but if you are particularly motivated to do so, you can decompile the strings_ru.qm file from the Resources folder inside your Dorico folder and modify the strings there. However, we would be grateful if you would let us know what problems you find in the localisation so that we can work with our Russian translator to improve the translation for all users of the Russian-language version.

Daniel.

1. У меня есть Qt Linguist для редактирования файла локализации strings_ru.qm. Но правильнее будет редактировать оригинал проекта перевода в формате .ts. Дайте ссылку на него и я после редактирования отправлю его вам.

А что можете написать по поводу вопросов 2) и 3)

========================

Daniel.

1. I have Qt Linguist to edit the localization file strings_ru.qm. But it is more correct to edit the original translation project in the format .ts. Give a link to it and I will post it to you after editing.

And what can you write about questions 2) and 3)

I can’t provide you with the .ts file, I’m afraid. Regarding the translations of the key command names, I agree that it would be ideal if they were given shorter translations or that it were possible to scroll the tree control horizontally, but neither of those is the case at the moment. We have no current plans to make the dialog boxes remember their size or position, but we appreciate the suggestion.

1. Мне перевести strings_ru.qm и выложить в этой ветке? Но как правки перевода попадут в следующие обновления? Мне что под каждую версию переделывать перевод?
    Какое ваше видение усовершенствования русской локализации?

2. Встречаются пункты меню, что вообще не понятно (неправильно) на русском, но и на английском без справочных данных тоже проблематично понять и как следствие перевести.
    Например, меню:
    Edit/Paste Special/Reduce (Сократить)
    Edit/Paste Special/Explode (Разорвать)
    Перевод точно неправильный, но чтобы правильно перевести, нужно сначала понять, что эта функция делает.
    ====================

3. Should I translate strings_ru. QM and put it in this branch? But how will translation changes be included in the following updates? Me what under each version to redo the translation?
    What is your vision of Russian localization improvement?

4. There are menu items that are not understood at all (incorrectly) in Russian, but also in English without reference data is also problematic to understand and as a consequence to translate.
    For example, the menu:
    The translation is exactly wrong, but to translate correctly, you need to first understand what this function does.

IWTA,

these are tools for arranging.
the first one: If you have copied more than one stave of music, you can choose a (f.e. single) target staff and reduce = paste in the way that the music of the multiple staves end up in your target one. So all music is there but reduced into one Staff.
the second one: Explode, if you copy a stave with multiple voices you can afterwards select the target staves (more than one) and the music gets distributed to these staffs.

You may like to watch this on the youtube video:

Reduction: https://youtu.be/9vzbaCmVmD0?t=2m

Exploding: https://youtu.be/9vzbaCmVmD0?t=4m20s

IWTA,

это инструменты для организации.
первый: если вы скопировали несколько музыкальных нот, вы можете выбрать целевого персонажа (f.e. single) и уменьшить = вставить способ, которым музыка из нескольких рангов заканчивается в вашей целевой. Так что вся музыка там, но сводится к одному Персоналу.
второй: Explode, если вы скопируете стоп с несколькими голосами, вы можете впоследствии выбрать целевые ноты (более одного), и музыка будет распределена среди этих сотрудников.

Вам может понравиться смотреть это на видео на YouTube:

Сокращение (Сократить): https://youtu.be/9vzbaCmVmD0?t=2m

Взрыв (Разорвать): https://youtu.be/9vzbaCmVmD0?t=4m20s

Спасибо, k_b.
На видео всё стало понятно. Но, к сожалению, пока затрудняюсь как лучше будет перевести пункты меню “Reduce” и
“Explode”. Надо подумать!

Thank you, k_b.
On the video, everything became clear. But, unfortunately, I still find it difficult to translate the menu items “Reduce” and
“Explode”. Need to think!

Daniel
Те строки, перевод которых не помещается в одну строку, можно перенести на вторую строку. Такое можно сделать для всех длинных строк которые не помещаются в одну, или сделать только для активной строки.
Анимированная картинка:

Одно и тоже слово на разных языках по длине могут очень сильно отличаться.
Например:
Play
Воспроизведение

Сокращение названий меню не решит проблему, а только её усугубит. Обрезанные или сокращенные пункты меню, это если б вы вместо изложения законченной мысли сказали вашему собеседнику одно или два слова. :slight_smile: Поймёт ли вас тогда собеседник? Не думаю, что поймёт!

========================
Daniel
Those lines, translation of which does not fit in one line, can be transferred to the second line. This can be done for all long strings that do not fit into one, or only for the active line.
Animated Picture:

The same word in different languages along the length can be very different.
For example:
Play
Воспроизведение

Reducing the names of the menu will not solve the problem, but only exacerbate it. Cropped or shortened menu items, this is if you instead of expounding the finished thought told your interlocutor one or two words. :slight_smile: Will the interlocutor understand you? I do not think that will understand!

Daniel,

Looking at the first snapshot that OP gave, I can see not just incomprehensible lines, but also shocking misspelling - энгОрмАнический instead of энгАрмОнический

On a broader scope, I feel compelled to reiterate what I said earlier in the message to Ms. Harris.
Russian version of Dorico documentation should use lexicon that is conventional to musicians rather than programmers.
The translator(s) should work in consultation with reputable Russian musicologist to make sure that every statement does make sense to musicians.

It’s a shame that all the diligent work that the Dorico team has been doing is somewhat impaired by inadequate translation; let alone that such inadequacy affects the adoption of the program.

Igor Borodin

If you have any suggestions for expert Russian-speaking music experts who also have experience with software localisation, please let us know their contact details.

1. Я, конечно, не эксперт по музыке, но те ошибки, которые сделал переводчик, в большинстве случаев не имеют отношения к музыке вообще. Допущенные переводчиком ошибки будут очевидны и человеку не разбирающемся в музыке.
    С одной стороны, ошибка, на которую указал Игорь, говорит о том, что переводчик не чуждый русского языка, но так же и не совсем внимательный.
    С другой стороны, ошибки допущенные в других местах, говорят, что переводчик не сильно “напрягался” делая этот перевод.

2. Со своей стороны, я могу указать на найденные мной ошибки и представить вариант их перевода. Но куда и кому писать???
    Как вариант, можете дать контакт человека, который делал (или делает) перевод на русский язык, и мы с ним смогли бы более оперативно сделать правку русской локализации.

3. Daniel, вы так и не ответили на мое сообщение: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=144471#p777386

Если не решить проблему с отображением длинных строк, то:

а) как я могу найти ошибки перевода и предложить варианты их правки, если я не могу полностью прочитать название длинных строк меню в “Key Commands” ?

б) как, я могу вообще использовать половину “Key Commands” меню которых не полностью видны, и как следствие - не могу понять что именно делает та или иная команда? Считайте, что для русскоязычных пользователей половина команд как-бы не существует. И это благодаря недоработки разработчиков, которые не реализовали возможность отображать длинные названия команд. Я вам предложил несколько возможных вариантов выхода из ситуации, но похоже никто и не собирается исправлять эту недоработку. Если я вас не правильно понял, то поправьте меня, пожалуйста.

============================

1. I’m certainly not an expert on music, but the mistakes that the translator made are in most cases not relevant to music in general. The mistakes made by the interpreter will be obvious to the person not versed in the music. On the one hand, the error pointed to by Igor says that the translator is not alien to the Russian language, but also not completely attentive. On the other hand, mistakes made elsewhere, say that the translator is not much “strained” doing this translation.

2. For my part, I can point out the mistakes I have found and present a version of their translation. But where and whom to write ??
    Alternatively, you can give the contact of a person who did (or does) a translation into Russian, and we with him could more quickly make a correction of Russian localization.

3. Daniel, you still have not responded to my message: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=144471#p777386

If you do not solve the problem of displaying long lines, then:

a) how can I find translation errors and suggest options for editing them if I can not fully read the name of the long menu lines in “Key Commands”?

b) how, I can even use half of the "Key Commands" menu which is not completely visible, and as a consequence - I can not understand what exactly this or that team does? Consider that for Russian-speaking users, half of the commands do not exist. And this is due to the lack of developers who did not realize the ability to display long command names. I suggested several possible ways out of the situation, but it seems that no one is going to correct this defect. If I misunderstood you, correct me, please.

I’m afraid I can’t provide the contact details for our Russian translator, but you are very welcome to send your suggestions to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de and I will make sure they are passed on.

We will try to make it such that long command names in the Key Commands editor will show a tool tip when you hover over them, which should make the full command names possible to discern. However, I believe it is probably also the case that we should be striving for shorter, more concise translations if possible, too.