Interface upgrade for Cubase 12

Yes, I was going to mention something like this in my last post, but since the OP has stated he currently has a Mackie Blackbird, which has ADAT expandability, he would be aware of this.

1 Like

Thank you all very much for your advice. I’d really like to go for RME as they seem the most solid choice but for 8 mic inputs it’s way out of my price range with that brand. I’ve read bad things about all the interfaces mentioned. I feel a lot more educated on the matter if nothing else. The Clarett and the Quantum are within my budget reach but they both have their own issues it seems.

Thanks again folks, it’s been really cool to have loads of replies and useful information.

1 Like

@maniatattoo. Good luck with what ever interface you decide to get.

1 Like

I feel your pain …

1 Like

What’s the budget you’re looking at? You could get away with an RME Digiface USB (4 ADAT I/O) and then get say a Behringer ADA8200 for another $200 and have a decent 8 mic/line inputs that way.
That way, you could always expand and hook up the other three ADATs with converters of some sort later.

Or you could go all out and get the Digiface and something like a Ferrofish Pulse, but that would put you at almost $2000 and you’ll end up with 16 analog ins and outs, no mic pres…

1 Like

I currently have a RayDAT PCIe and use that to connect a variety of A/D and D/A, it has the great advantage of being able to keep the analog away from the computer and optically isolated, and I can keep the same rock-solid drivers while changing front-end manufacturers. My next one will be the Digiface USB.

1 Like

I have a UR816C and I’m quite pleased with it. If you live in the US the UR816C are available.

1 Like