Interpolate audio waveform

When I check this box in Preferences nothing happens, can anyone help?

What are you expecting to happen…did you read the manual to see what this does?

it inverts the colors in a waveform, so if the waveform itself is black it gets the color of the track instead. I like that look a lot more.

I did consult the manual but I can’t find this mentioned anywhere. If anyone has the time it would be cool if you could try and check the box (Pref > audio > event display) and see if anything happens to see if it’s a universal bug or not

If anyone has the time it would be cool if you could try and check the box (Pref > audio > event display) and see if anything happens to see if it’s a universal bug or not

You won’t see anything happen unless you are in an editor zoomed in enough to see single samples.

You can use the waveform brightness and outline intensity sliders to get the look you like.

It´s not a bug at all, it´s you misunderstanding what it does - and it works as it should.

Press the “help” button bottom left of the preferences…

you’re right, I did misunderstand. It’s just so odd, I’m almost certain there’s a function in Cubase 5 that does what I describe with the inverting and stuff but when I go back to 5 and hit Interpolate zero happens!

Well whatever, it’s not the end of the world, sorry for wasting you people’s time with this nonsense, thanks for the assistance!

In older Cubase versions there was something like “inverted waveform” as an option.

This is replaced by the waveform brightness and outline intensity sliders that can make the waveform go from solid white into the track colour and all the way to solid black.