"Intersections"

Lyrically beautiful, all the counterpoint melodic parts have my brain moving in so so many directions. What a warm mix nothing at all out of place. Now that I am done with the complements I’m going to listen again. You are blessed to be writing with your Son!

I’ve come to really appreciate your style and sound. very inspirational pic with a glass of red and a fine looking young man, how cool you’s are now inspiring each other with collabing. goodness me I couldn’t believe the track is 4:47, where did the time go, a measure always to a good song. the way the bass worked at times was a standout for me, seeming disjointed at times with the drums, but not really, lol.
cool, and cheers, a little early hear for a glass of merlot but I’ll remember to have one later

Thanks for your kind comments. The build you describe was what I was trying for,
so I’m happy you think it got there. Thanks.

And yes, you really need to buy a lap steel. :wink:

Thank you Kenny, very kind and generous remarks.

I am indeed blessed to have and to be able to make music with my son.

Bob,

thanks for saying how young I look. :laughing: What, you weren’t talking about the guy on the left? :cry:
Thanks for your comments about the bass, I was hoping that’s what it would sound like.

P.S. it’s never too early for a good drop of vino rosso. :wink:

Cheers indeed!

Hi Jet

I’ve listened a few times since you posted this tune. I thinks sounds really good as always but there was something niggling me about it but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until today.

It’s obviously a very little personal nit and nobody else is bothered by it. :blush:

At the end of many of the phrases you sing the final word with a more mellow sound and quieter than the rest of the phrase and sometimes I think the final word or syllables could be held just a touch longer. To me this has the effect of diminishing the impact of each line where you do this. It’s not really a volume thing but more tonal and the accenting of words. Maybe I’m loosing the plot? :mrgreen:

Cheers

Well that’s it Dave, I’m never talking to you again. :cry:

On a serious note, although I don’t think you’re plot-less,
I’m not sure why the vocal delivery is a nit (other than
the voice itself :laughing: ). I know too I was actually trying to sing
several of the lines the way Taylor sang them, which I
found quite nice. Still, I was just trying to be expressive. :blush:

Never mind, and I’m glad you think the recording sounds OK.

Cheers mate!

Beautiful! Well written - words and music. That’s some tasty and inventive bass playing by Taylor.
Jet, you keep finding new and interesting ways to present such a colorful canvas. Such well chosen sounds
fading in…then disappearing. I dig that sorta wah/tremolo effect you’re using later in the song.

I know you’re a big fan of early David Sylvian, and I gotta say - you’ve been producing music, lately,
that’s every bit as beautiful. Nice work - both of you!

Lenny

Hi Lenny,

thanks for your very kind review. I’m glad you like this tune.

That’s me on the bass, not Taylor (although I know he could have provided
much better playing) but as you are another real bassist I’m very
happy you think my offering passes muster.

The wah guitars in Chorus 3 were inspired by a wah-ish pad
heard earlier in the track. They seem to work well together.

Cheers again for your generous comments.

Jet,
Nice song. I really like it once the bass line gets going. Mix sounds good to me also.
Sincerely,
J.L.

Hi Jas,

no long time no see or hear of you. :wink:

Thanks for your listen and comments.
Glad you liked it.