'Invalid project file' in Cubase Pro 10

I have a ‘invalid project file’ issue in Cubase Pro 10
I work on a 2 W11 systems (laptop and PC) but using the same portable ssd drive for my strong textprojects. The systems are configured the same way, so mostly I can open projects at my homePC as well as the Dell laptop without any trouble.
But now I cannot open 2 projects that I worked on in my holiday-home (on the laptop). Same error when trying to open a ‘BAK’ file. Both project are small, about 1,5 mB, and only contains midi-data, no audio.
I cannot open the files, not in the laptop, nor on PC.
I have to tried to use “import tracks from project” function into a brand new project, but that didn’t work. (same ‘invalid’ - message)

Can someone help?

Hi,

How is your drive formatted, please?

Hi Martin
My SSD drive (for the projects) is exFAT
My C-drive in Windows is NTFS

Verzonden vanaf mijn Galaxy

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

Hi,

It seems, there are some troubles with the exFAT. What happens, if you copy the file to the NTFS drive (but even then, it might be, the file is corrupted from the exFAT already).

Hi,

Thanks for answering. But …I don’t copy anything.

I just always use my external SSD (Sandisk Extreme SSD 1 TB) as a extra disk, wether I work on PC or laptop. I just plug it into the machine where I can work on.

So last week I was on a holiday elsewhere, where I worked on my laptop. Now I am back home and cannot open the projects I worked on on my PC, even the auto-generated bak-files. Then I tried to open them on my laptop, but I get the same message.
Only one of the oldest bak-files is willing to open up.

Does this description make anything clear? (hope so…)

Thanks in advance
Walter

Hi,

My question was, if you could copy the project to the C drive, just for the testing purpose, please. Then open the project from the C drive (for the testing purpose only).

OK, …sorry…misunderstood.

I tried to copy 3 project folders to my desktop.
But then I got the message that 2 of them are damaged.
So, no copies possible.

The 3rd project díd copy, and contains 10 bak’s and only and oldest bak nr. 10 is willing to open.
All the others -with dates of 24 and 25 december- don’t open up in Cubase