Invisible Midi Notes

Hi @fixitmania53,

It seems you are referring to a different topic.

I gave your issue a short check, please see the clip below.

Seems to work as expected, or am I wrong?

Best,
Lars

Sorry Lars,
I think I may have confused you with my description of the issue, I was not referring to Midi Note Events, I am referring to events in the Automation and Midi CC windows. Try highlighting a selection of “x” in either window using the SELECT, now try and move them……they just blink and unselect themselves, but using the SELECT, highlight a group of “x”, tap the SELECT to unselect the box and then you can move them, if you are lucky you may get them to move without unselecting the select box.
Hope this description helps.
Thanks.

Hi @LSlowak ! Unfortunately, I can’t show you the exact steps that lead to this problem. This happens rarely and randomly. And yes, the problem disappears after relaunching Cubasis.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Checked all scenarios (Arrange Window, MIDI Editor, Automation Editor), please take a look at the added clips in your other topic right here:

Important: Please let us not mix up things in this topic. Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the invisible MIDI Notes topic mentioned here (e.g. from @Artem) . An exact repro is required to allow our engineering evaluating the issue.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
OOPS! I was in the wrong section when I answered you. It appears my recent issues are in two topic at the same time.
I will go back to the UNABLE TO MOVE SELECTED MIDI EVENTS window
My apologies.

Thank you @fixitmania53!

Best,
Lars

@LSlowak - Lars, this is happening to me as well… In normal track mode, I can see the notes and they play, but when I double-tap the clip to edit the MIDI notes, there are no notes to be found. If I delete the file (or simply move it out of the way) there is no other MIDI clip underneath. (Interesting: I noticed that if I export as MIDI, then import the midi back in, then those notes show.)

Here is a project where this is happening. Hopefully it happens for you when you view it, so you can see the issue at play.

MIDI notes dissappear (no notes in midi edit view) EXAMPLE PROJECT.zip (10.2 KB)

Note: the above is a compressed file from the project folder of the same name (had to compress it in order for it to upload).

Cheers,
Leroi

Lars, I think I know what’s going on - at least for me: when I have the vertical time cursor where I want to play back or edit, and I double-tap the MIDI clip, what Cubasis is showing me is a blank area BEFORE the MIDI notes. If I swipe across to later in the clip, the notes are there. So it seems that, sometimes/for some clips, the time cursor position (or whatever it’s called) isn’t being referenced when viewing the MIDI clip. Hope that makes sense.

This happens a lot when editing. Many times I get to a part of a track that I need to delete, I double tap to open the track, select what I believe are the notes to be deleted, not realising the time line is in the wrong place….or should I say the track opened in the wrong position in the project……and discover I have just deleted the wrong notes, or in some cases I insert a set of copied notes in the wrong place because of this bug.
I don’t know why it does this. This happens randomly and difficult to capture on screen record.

1 Like

Same for me, +1

Hi @LeroiFox,

Thanks for sharing the case and project, which I’ve shared with our engineers.

Please give it a try if enabling the “Follow Cursor” option in the “Arrange Window” resolves the issue for you.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately selecting Follow Cursor makes no difference.
I tried to upload a very short video of a midi track opening at the wrong place, but this was not possible, so I have taken two photos from that video showing what happens when opening a track.
Photo 1 shows the cursor at bar 11, but on opening the track (photo 2) Bar 2 is visible instead, the Follow Cursor button is activated at all times.

Hi all,

The issue that the MIDI editor shows the wrong ruler range when opening an event is planned to be resolved with the next update. As a workaround for now, manually scroll to the right until the green event is visible.

Important: We are still unable to reproduce the empty MIDI editor issue reported by Artem, resulting in no fix (until our engineers are able to see it!) @Artem, if you have further infos how to make the issue appear, please share them with us.

Thanks
Lars

1 Like

Hi @LSlowak !
Unfortunately, I can’t help you, because I stopped using Cubasis due to the lack of basic functions, which I already wrote to you (plug-in delay compensation, real effect buses, etc.). I hope by the time you implement these functions, and I can use Cubasis again, this the bug will already be fixed without my help.

Thanks Lars
:beers: