Invisible region

Hello,

I was trying to exchange a few tracks between two projects and have exported the tracks as OMF and AAF. When I tried to open the files in the other project, the regions were invisible. They are there and I can hear the sound, but the tracks look empty.

Best,

Max

Have you tried the usual?
Find missing files, reconstruct waveforms, move file to another destination and perform a "find missing files " and re-locate …

Fredo

I cannot chose find missing files. Reconstruct waveform also does not work. Actually I was not quite right. In the omf there are no files at all. In the aaf I can see the files for a short moment when imprtorting and then they become invisible. I can still play them, but the track looks completely emty.

Best,

Max

Are the OMF and AAF big?
Any chance you can send them, so we can investigate?

Fredo

When you say you can play them are you playing them from the pool? It sounds to me as if your start project time in your Nuendo session is different from the AAF/OMF you are importing. You will see the files in the project window briefly as they import before they jump to the correct TC position. If that’s the case make sure your Nuendo project offset is set the same as your (probably) PT project offset.

Ah, looks like it really was a timecode mistake. At least I could find them now at a very different position. I am still not sure why Nuendo played the AAF files at a position where I could not see the region. But after reopening the session now, it seems like these invisible files are not there anymore.