(iOS 14.4 Bug) Waves Plugins Black Screen in Cubasis 2

I’m having the same black screen issues as well,very frustrating not to be able to use waves plug-in. No presets,no nothing,it’s like waves has been disabled. Please help!!

Thanks for the response, Lars. Much appreciated. All the best. John

Hi all,

As stated above, the issue has been introduced by Apple when releasing iOS 14.4.

Our team has evaluated the problem, and we plan to release a (workaround) fix asap.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. All the best in your troubleshooting

Hi @naylormar, Hi @steve_hibbott, Hi @johnyrover, Hi @Dave_Dickens, Hi @aglez92, Hi @carloschis,

Please note that Cubasis 2.8.5 is available for immediate download, resolving the Waves dark background issue (introduced with iOS 14.4).

Please give the update a try and let us have your feedback.

Thank you
& stay well,
Lars

Thanks, Lars! I’ve downloaded the update and this seems to resolve the issue for me.

Hi @naylormar,

Thanks for your immediate reply and feedback.

Thanks, Lars! I’ve downloaded the update and this seems to resolve the issue for me.

We’re glad to read that the hotfix update seems to have resolved the Apple iOS 14.4 issue for you.

Best,
Lars

That’s fixed thank you!
Cheers Dave

Much appreciated. Thank you. Cheers. John

So sorry but… ( there is always a “but”, you know ) all goes well till you click in PRESETS. The app doesn’t stick to the size of the window and some parts on the right side of the app are hidden and the upper side let see a transparent gap and can see the arrange window. :confused:

Hi @aglez92,

all goes well till you click in PRESETS

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this.

Please let me have a step description, including the information about your device in use.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi @Dave_Dickens,

That’s fixed thank you!

Glad to read this, thanks for letting us know!

Best,
Lars

Hi @johnyrover,

Much appreciated. Thank you. Cheers. John

You’re welcome, and we’re happy that the iOS 14.4 workaround fix, seems to work for you!

Enjoy making music
& stay healthy,
Lars

Easy !!

iPad Air 2 - 14.4 Updated
Cubasis 2.8.5

• I open Cubasis 2

• I Select ( for example ) Master - Stereo Out Track

• I open Master Inserts

• I Select Waves: L1 + Ultramaximizer and turn it on

• I open it

• Window open now ( after your update ) as always but…

• I “select” or “click” the ULTRAMAXIMIZER PRESETS option, at the left upper side of the Waves Ultramaimizer window and the options appears at left side but the ULTRAMAXIMIZER window is now small but part of the right side ( some of the QUANTIZE, DITHER, etc options, for example ) are out of the window and hidden. As I said the ULTRAMAXIMIZER window doesn’t stick to the size of its window. Hope this helps you.

Hi guys,

I have a similar problem with Waves EQ10. See screen shot.

Cheers

John

Hi @johnyrover,

This seems to be related to the iPad in use, and should be easily solvable via closing the presets section, correct?

What iPad model do you have in use?

Thanks
Lars

Hi,

Yes solvable by closing presets. (See photo)
Ipad 6th generation.
Ios 14.4.
Cubasis 2.8.5

Cheers, John

Perfect & thanks @johnyrover!

Hi,

It seems the system bug, you may choose a professional tool like TunesKit iOS System Rocvery to fix iPad black screen or update the iPad system.

Hi @Yeritan123,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the forum.
The issue has already been fixed in the latest Cubasis 2.8.5 hotfix update .

Do you still encounter it?

Best,
Lars