[iOS 9] Cubasis 1.9.6 update available

Dear all,

A new version of Steinberg’s iPad app Cubasis is now available for download from the App Store.

Version 1.9.6 provides full compatibility with iOS 9 and includes the new Audiobus SDK 2.2.1.
The update also fixes some minor bugs and is recommended for all users of Cubasis.

Features
• Full iOS 9 compatibility
• New Audiobus SDK 2.2.1
• Audio device information has been added to setup

Bugfixes
• CB-2448 Fixes a problem where resizing of the keyboard was not possible
• CB-2453 Solves an issue where the audio and automation editor action list icons appeared greyed out

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank You!

Thanks All :slight_smile:

Pls have the full ios 9 compatibility.
Including split screen support

Rgrds

UNDO is still a disaster. Cubasis astounds me with its sophistication and unparalleled usability, yet I’m totally baffled as to why the simplest things don’t get fixed. Would Apple release 4 upgrades to GB without addressing basic interface issues like UNDO scrambling titles, colors and MIDI assignment? The random MIDI reassignment is not only annoying, but destructive.

I hear you kanegon!! I also have the same annoying issue when freezing and the new frozen track doesnt get the send values from the original track assigned!

I’m using a focusrite scarlett 18i8, and here, with all ios and cubasis updated I need to close, open, turn on, off, various times to get sound without latency correct.

To our knowledge there are no issues with Focusrite devices. Have you been in exchange with them about the issue?

Thanks
Lars

Hi LSlowak,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing latency when using your Scarlett 18i8 with the Cubasis app.

Have you tried lowering the buffer size in Cubasis when hearing latency? Lowering the buffer size will decrease the amount of latency you experience but additional processing may cause clicks, pops and/or audio drop outs with a lower buffer size. Please try this step as a possible solution.

I also suggest testing another USB cable if lowering the buffer size doesn’t resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Derrick// Focusrite Technical Support

This latency problem with cubasis + focusrite 18i8 seems to exist in my two ipads (ipad 4 and ipad air 2) right after i updated to ios 9.1.
I need to close the app and reopen various times. The best yet is to turn off the ipads, and restart them.