IPad Pro M series processor

Hi
Just wondering if there’s any official word about how Cubasis 3 will utilize all the resources of the M series Apple Silicon chip?

Can it use all the cores and GPU power available right now?

Any comparisons with the last A series processors?

I’m due an iPad update….

Thanks

I have a 2018 iPad Pro and Cubsasis 3.3.1 is so unstable for me, I can’t even use it anymore.

So I wouldn’t necessarily worry about if it’s going to use every last drop of power but just whether it’s going to work AT ALL for you. (Logic Pro on M1 iPad Pro can’t come soon enough although it’s unfortunately going to be another year before that happens since nothing was announced at the recent WWDC.)

1 Like

Hi @Diametro,

I have a 2018 iPad Pro and Cubsasis 3.3.1 is so unstable for me, I can’t even use it anymore.

This should not be the case.

Do you own the USB-C iPad model?

Here, several owners of this device reported about problems with several music apps in the following Audiobus forum thread.

In addition, please give the following steps a try, to see if it helps to immediately resolve your issues:

(1) Set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF”
(2) Load an empty project
(3) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(4) Fully shut down the iPad

Please keep me updated about your results!

Thanks
Lars

Yes. Usb-C. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was feeling very frustrated at the moment.

Hi @Diametro,

Yes. Usb-C. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was feeling very frustrated at the moment.

I fully understand your frustration.

However there seems to be several issues with Apple’s USB-C model affecting iOS music apps, as stated by several users in this Audiobus forum thread:

Best,
Lars