Is Dorico smart importing really smart, when it comes to Piano parts!

Hi,

I have imported a piano part that is freely played into Dorico pro 4 and set the instrument to Piano. However, I have three issues:

Issue 1. no matter how I shift the music to left and right ( time), there are many notes that don’t follow the bards correctly.
2. The are many notes that are played with piano sustain pedal that show in Dorico score as stacks of notes.
3. There are many chords played arpeggiated. they are shown as arpeggios!
4. Tempo changes such as retard., Accel., atempo, etc.

Are they ways to fix the four issues ( Maybe using the new key editor in Dorico)?

I wish there was a time warping as in Cubase in Dorico.

I agree that having a feature like Cubase’s Time Warp in Dorico would be great, and maybe this is something we will indeed be able to add in a future version.

I would recommend recording to a click and sticking to its pulse in Dorico. You can always manipulate the tempo later on in the tempo track in the Key Editor to adjust the played performance to bring back that humanisation.

2 Likes

Thank you, Daniel!

Time Warp would be great and welcomed in Dorico by many users, I suppose.

My music was downloaded from internet.

Just a wild guess: Is is possible to use Machine Learning to attack all four problems.

I am just curious, would it be possible to use a Lua script with Torch (machine learning) library by Facebook which uses written Lua!

At the moment there’s no good way of integrating external libraries like that into Dorico, but I hope that when we finally have time to really focus on the plug-in API, we will be able to make it possible to integrate arbitrary Lua libraries to use them in your Dorico scripts.

If you make library import happen, I will work on smart importing piano parts extensively!

Thank you, Daniel.