Is FxPansion Geist Running Fine in Cubase Pro 8.0.20 ?

Hi,

I’m still on Cubase Pro 8.0.10 , when using Geist in Cubase Pro 8.0.10, Geist can’t load any data. Its preset folder is empty !

I plan to update to the latest version (8.0.20) but before I do that, I was wondering if Cubase (8.0.20) has fixed this issue ? if Not, any suggestion how to fix this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Works fine here (although 8.10 was ok as well).

Yeah, there isn’t a specific problem with Geist in .10. It just has some goofey ASIO load issues in all versions of Cubase. You have another problem that doesn’t really have anything to do with Cubase if you don’t have your folders available.

Hi,

Interesting. Well, all is not well here :frowning: Geist does open, but I can’t load any kits, sample, patterns, songs, …etc. It looks like the Geist folder is empty. I think this happened after I updated to 8.0.10 from the previous version, but I just discovered this problem, since I didn’t use Geist for quite a while.

On my system, the Geist Preset/sample folder is empty, Not sure what to do about it.

and … I’m not sure that updating to 8.0.20 will fix it.

I will try posting this issue on the FxPansion Geist forum section.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

You’ve answered your own question. You somehow managed to remove that data. Cubase wouldn’t have anything to do with it and I doubt anything FXPansion will say will change that either. Sounds like a re-install or restore from backup is in order.

Yes, I think a re-install might be the best way to fix this issue.

I will also update to Cubase 8.0.20

Thanks,
Muziksculp