Is HALion 7 just a myth?

activation server get ready! :grin:

Oh, oh. Here comes the feeding frenzy.

Iā€™m excited to see what is coming. However, since I have a HALion Sonic 2 license on one USB-eLicenser, a HALion 5 license on another, and a HALion 6 license on yet another, I will probably hold off on an instant purchase. Unless, of course, Steinberg offers an upgrade/update discount right off the bat. Highly unlikely, but one never knows.

Actually, Iā€™ll probably not be able to resist ā€¦ :hot_face:

Direct link to the KVR H7 leak -HALion 7 - Instruments Forum - KVR Audio

No mention of Halion Sonic 4ā€¦

The nature of the beast , ive been jumping off the update path for 20 years , moaning , complaining , causing riots and then i sleep walk with my wallet to the checkout button ā€¦and in the morning when i awake ā€¦NOOOOO itā€™s happened again !!! :rofl: :upside_down_face: :+1: :heart:

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome HALion 7!! :musical_keyboard: :musical_note: :notes: :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh, page has been updatedā€¦ Itā€™s HERE!!! :slight_smile:

German trainer has trailer out too if anyone wants a peek at the interface:

1 Like

Halion 7ā€¦ well. It does not include more than an FM synthesizer and a guitar library as a novelty in instruments. But it includes many clearly interesting new features. At the level of new sounds added it is somewhat disappointing, but at the level of features I think they have fulfilled (although Iā€™m not sure if much, taking into account that they are 6 years apart from the previous version). At the user interface level I donā€™t see anything particularly different, short of investigating.

Now, Absolute 6ā€¦ is this a joke? They have done nothing more than change the Halion 6 to the Halion 7. Period. Not an extra instrument for Halion (compared to version 5), not an expansion or a paltry new Style for Groove Agent (compared to version 5), not a simple expansion for Padshop or Retrologue addedā€¦ NOTHING. Anywayā€¦

All the 80ā€™s Fm algoā€™s uummmm living on nostalgia there i think , not exactly ground breaking .
The new mod matrix looks like it could make things simpler to modulate and the spectral Osc does sound good but worth Ā£85 just for another Yammy Fm synth ? not really .
The mediabay attached on the right looks a bit annoying , the home page concept ? Undecided .
Will see how this one pans out and grab it in the sales just to stay up to date

Itā€™s the same cost to update from from H6 to H7 as it is to update from Absolute 5 to 6, at least. Iā€™d rather this option than have to wait another 6-9 months for Absolute life cycle to come around again so I could get H7 and go dongle-less.

Does seem a bit sucky to be paying for the new licensing, however - Thatā€™s my primary reason to updateā€¦ But iā€™ll see what the FM synthesis is like later when iā€™ve finished workā€¦ I really like the montage so doubt I will be disappointed.

Itā€™s mad that you can buy, download and use it yet thereā€™s no announcement here though!

100% this, for me.

$99 just to move it off the dongle. Absolute 6 doesnā€™t really offer much value and if you already have FM8 the FM Lab isnā€™t really giving you something you donā€™t already have.

I do like some of the UI improvements. new Media Bay looks nice. Wish it didnā€™t require another bloatware installation on my computers, though. Iā€™m guessing that will come to Cubase soonā€¦

I stopped using HALion when i started traveling more and avoiding the dongles in my laptop.

I might wait to see if it gets more ecosystem traction. If not ill prolly abandon it.

I didnā€™t feel the urge to impulse buy, thoughā€¦

Do HALion Sonic 3, SE, HALion 6 remain on your system or does HALion 7 overwrite everything. Iā€™ve been burned in the past by other software, new versions over write the previous version.

I did not find anything that says HALion versions can be run side by side and since HALion SE is replaced, I would like to know if SE will remain or if it gets removed.

Has anyone update from Absolute 5 to 6 yet?

Yes I finally managed to upgrade to Absolute 6. HALion 7 will not overwrite everything. HS7 is separate program.

HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 6 replaced by HALion 7 and HALion Sonic 7.
HALion Sonic SE 3.3.0 standalone is still available, but not visible anymore inside Cubase VST Plug-in Manager

There are now 3 HALions:
HALion 7, HALion Sonic 7 Collection and HALIon Sonic 7. You can comper editions here:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. Iā€™ll probably update later.

Totally onboard with this. I was hoping for more for a version jump. Yikes!

Amadeus e.d.p.

Wowā€¦to be honestā€¦Iā€™m a little underwhelmed? I just expected more. I wouldnā€™t update at ALL but my Mac Studio and Logic donā€™t like V6. This was a long wait for so little.

Amadeus e.d.p.

SE has been replaced by Halion Sonic 7. Mineā€™s gone from the Download Assistant, and Im downloading Sonic 7 nowā€¦ I couldnā€™t really decipher from the comparison on the website whether this new version is more of a ā€˜liteā€™ Halion or just a player like Sonic SE was so might as well check it outā€¦