Is Halion crashing your DAW?

I always helps to have the eLicenser on the latest version, but we need to have a closer look at the crash reports for a better understanding of the issue.

I can confirm the HALion 5 freeze when switching between larger presets on Cubase 8.5 64-bit, Win 10 version.

I had this yesterday too, twice in a row when trying to load a trombone XXL and then a trumpet XXl preset.

Windows 10 pro x64, Cubase 8 latest x64 and Halion 5 x64

I’m going to check my halion version. I’m pretty sure my elicenser is current.

MC

I am getting this too (on Mac), it seems to happen pretty much anytime I click on the edit instrument button to bring back the Halion Window to make a change.
As soon as this is clicked complete crash of both Halion and Cubase with a return to the desktop.

I have sent a log to support with the details of this but maybe anyone else that sees a crash log can look out for the following in it - CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER

This seems to be there every time and while not a coder a quick search seems to identify this as a pretty common problem with telling your main program if windows are in an open or shut state.

I love Halion and am happy to send any logs or reports if that helps!

Update - Just tried the change mentioned above to Multi Loading in the Performance section and set to “clear before”
still had the same situation as described above.

Update 2 - Following advice from support I have reset my preferences file and am pleased to say all seems to be fine so far. I have been trying to replicate the previous crashes over the last 24 hours and so far all is good.
Crash logs are being examined by Steinberg and I must say a big thank you for a quick response from the support team.

Yep pretty randomly on MacBook Pro running Logic 10.3. Sometimes if I load a song that has Halion Sonic in it, the program will crash on launch! Matthias indicated that the fix would be out near the release of H6…can we get an estimate on when this MIGHT happen now that H6 is in the wild?

Mybe not helpful to those running Halion 5, BUT Halion 6 has been rock solid so far on my Macbook Pro.

Matthias

Are you able to give us a general time line for the Halion Sonic 2 final maintenance update? Are we talking about this happening in March or April?

Thanks SpiderMix

I have the Cubase Elements 7 and very frequently, the Halion just freezes. I can’t click ANYTHING on Halion at all. The music continues playing but the whole thing just will not let me change one thing! So frustrating. Where is the Steinberg helper person?

Ok. I feel neglected again by Steinberg. I’m always shocked they have the time to relaese new programs and leave customers with the older version with broken software. They are the only company I know of that does this.

SpiderMix

I have been working on this issue for about a month now.
I have found a work around, but I believe I have finally figured out what’s happening.

A while back I purchased the HALion Symphony.
Once I used a sound, the trouble started.
Every time I would try to open the project, it would crash.

OK. So here is what I believe happened:
The Symphony VST is the cause.
SOLUTION: Uninstall Symphony.
Uninstall Halion.
You MUST uninstall HALion or it will Keep crashing the Project when it tries to load.
Re-Install Halion.
I have had no problems after doing this… except that I can’t use Symphony.

I have to mention that I am using HALion SE, and I’m wondering if that matters?

Update:
I reported on a previous post that after installing Cubase Symphony I started having projects crash upon opening.
I uninstalled Symphony and the trouble stopped.

I purchased a beautiful 3rd party Symphony and have had no crashes. None!

So Steinberg… How about fixing this?

It would be much appreciated…

Hi, I´m working with Cubase 8.5, AxiomPro61 and I used in my project from the Halion SE libray Saxophone, percusión and other instruments, something happened with original nice bright sound of these instruments, I got now a very dark and deteriorated sound, can somebody tell me how can I recover the original sound for my project and the Halion Instruments?

Thanks