is it possible to add a small vid..less than 1MB to a post

Please…trying to show a problem with cubase 8.5.1 and it needs a vid to show it…

Kevin :slight_smile:

Use the upload attachment option…below the text box while you create or respond to a message.

Also, you can use Licecap to create an animated screen grab, this will be tiny.

I did…nothing happens…

Ok I’ve just found out that MP4 is not allowed…what is please…

Just zip the file.

Thanks steve but you guy’s always assume everyone is a computer geek…never zipped a file in my life, how do I do it and how do I upload a zipped file to a post please… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You need to install a program. Google Winzip. Or Winrar, same thing pretty much.

Windows 7 should have a built in zip utility:

To compress (or zip) a file or folder
Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.
Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder. A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.

thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile: …did that and I’ve uploaded it onto my new post regarding not being able to open a new project in 8.5.1…

maybe you could take a look :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Briefly off-topic: that LICEcap is excellent)

It is but no sign of it on that link for me…just a 404 error…of course it’s available direct from Cockos the Reaper developers as it’s them wot wrote it.

Same here, I just googled Licecap and was surprised to end up on the Cockos site.

I was almost tempted to download Reaper…

hahaha, that’s presumably why we got 404s - the link name was automatically changed from c.o.c.k.o.c to rock!!

http://tinyurl.com/d2vx9pv

So is that to stop us calling each other cocks or to stop us linking to the competition :mrgreen:

I was just checking it out- any word that starts with the four letters that describe this particular appendage results in ‘rock’.

Smart phpBB. :wink:

+1 for LiceCap… .gif is allowed most everywhere… and you can edit those animations with GIMP if you need to.

Reaper is in my toolbox also… :astonished:

What carpenter has just one saw? Square? (sounds like he has synths too, but I digress!)