Is it possible to assign Gliss/Portamento to a Keyswitch in Expression Maps

Hello Dorico team,
I hope you are all doing well! :slight_smile:
Would you tell me, please, is it possible to assign Gliss/Portamento to a KeySwitch?
It’s actually assignable in the Expression Maps, but doesn’t work, or at least I can’t make it works.
I’m getting separately performed notes, instead of sliding from one, to another. And the KeySwitch isn’t triggered.

Thank you in advance for the help! :slight_smile:
Enjoy the New Year’s eve! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

No, glissando and portamento items in the score won’t give rise to a particular playback technique. You can add your own playing technique mapped to the necessary playback technique at the same position and hide it via Properties, but if you need special information like the first and last notes of the glissando etc. to be output, you’ll be out of luck.

Daniel hello,
Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:
Would be nice if you make the Glissando/Portamento Expression map assignable, with option to turn off the Dorico’s internal technique playback when it is mapped to a KeySwitch.
An idea inspired by Overture 5. There we could decide how every technique to be performed, by the library, or by Overture’s engine.
Would be nice if we have the opportunities in Dorico, too! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

there is already an option to switch off internal playback called “suppress playback” in the Properties and I’d be rather surprised if Overture 5 was the inspiration. With several of the articulations (like legato, marcato, accent etc), it switches automatically to the patch in the Expression Map.

1 Like

@dko22 hi,
Yes, I know about “Suppress Playback” in the Properties panel.
But would be better if we can assign the Gliss/Port to the right symbol, without the need of creating separate playing technique, then hide it, then suppressing the internal playback of it…

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

sure – and that’s something which probably will come in due course. After all, that’s the reason why gliss/port is not “officially” supported as yet

I’ve had some success with the following technique:

1 Like

@benwiggy hello,
Happy New Year! :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for the assistance it helped me a lot! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

I’m afraid I don’t quite understand this. If you have a patch for portamento, for instance then you just use that mapped to the relevant keyswitch/CC for your library. What do the extra steps such as CC20,80 achieve?

Yes, if you have patches that work, then you don’t need to do anything.