Is it possible to do tap tempo to set the tempo of a Cubase project?

I play in a 3 piece rock band (I’m on guitar/vocals, and we also have a drummer and a bass player). We’re struggling to find a keyboard player, so we’re planning on running the keyboard parts on backing tracks instead for live shows via Cubase. One feature I think would be useful is to have a ‘tap tempo’ function where I can tap the tempo on a MIDI foot controller and the Cubase project will set its tempo to the speed of the ‘tap tempo’. I’d need to be able to do this in real time while a project is playing, preferably without having to dive into menus etc. Is this possible with Cubase, and with which versions? I’m currently using Cubase Elements 11.

Hi,

You can record a MIDI Notes (not Sustain Pedal). Then you can use the Tempo Detection function, to detect the tempo out of the MIDI data. Or you can detect tempo directly from Audio.

2 Likes

You might look into loopcommunity.com granted its main use is for worship bands but it does have a feature to add your own audio and offers the ability to change tempo and key.

Casey

1 Like