Is it possible to do this in cubase

Hi,

Is it possible to do this in cubase
For instance I have 10 midi tracks ( only 1 instrument on a single instance of kontakt )
And I’m on midi track 1 and on bar 8 I want to move to track 5 instantly--------------- by hitting a knob / button on my keyboard. - can this be achieved and if yes how.

And by assigning a knob certain values can i change articulations- legato 0- 40, tremolo - 41-- 60, pizz-- 61- 90.

i hear fellow composers say they change articulations using cc- can any one explain how it works.

I was going through (generic remote setup– top / bottom options) but not much info about it.

Thanks.

Hi,

By “I’m on MIDI track 1” do you mean “Track MIDI 1 is selected”? If yes, there is a solution (in fact, there are more solutions).

1. Add a Macro, which will contain command Down from the Navigation folder, 7-times. Then in the Generic Remote device, set the MIDI Input message in the upper table. In the lower table set: Device = Command | Category = Macro | Action = Name of your Macro

2. Open Project Logical Editor, and make an action (see attached screenshot):
    Filter Target:
    Container Type is | Equal | Track | And
    Name | Equal | the name of the track

Action Target:
Keep it empty

Function:
Select

Save this as your own preset.

Then in the Generic Remote device, set the MIDI Input message in the upper table. In the lower table set: Device = Command | Category = Process Logical Preset | Action = Name of your Project Logical Editor

This is more robust, because you will not “count” the number of tracks, and you will be independent of the previous selected track.

Regarding to the articulation changes, it depends on the library, you have. For example VSL libraries ask for using MIDI CCs, like this (in dedicated ranges). But if your library needs different messages for changing articulation, you can use Input Transformer to change the incoming data, to the wanted one.

For example:
Module 1 (see attached screenshot):
Type Is | Equal | Controller | And
Value 1 (MIDI Controller No.) | Equal | MIDI CC nr. | And
Value 2 (MIDI Controller Value) | Less or Equal | 40

Action:
Type | Set to fixed value | Note
Value 1 | Set to fixed value | 20

Module 2:
Type Is | Equal | Controller | And
Value 1 (MIDI Controller No.) | Equal | MIDI CC nr. | And
Value 2 (MIDI Controller Value) | Inside Range | 41 | 60