Is it possible to have Dorico Pro 3 and Elements 3 intalled on the same machine?

Hi,

I already own Dorico Pro 3, and am considering purchasing Elements 3, mostly so I can use Dorico while traveling and not have to carry my USB e-licenser around. I figured I could use Elements on the road to do basic note input stuff, and when I get home do all the layout stuff on my other machine with Pro.

I tried downloading the Elements 30-day trial, and the installer seems to be the same installer for Pro. It sees that I already have Pro installed on my machine, and doesn’t actually install Elements.

Is what I’m trying to do possible?

Jacob

There’s only one Dorico 3 application. It runs as LE, Elements or Pro dependent on which license is available. Furthermore, if you currently have a Pro license you can run Dorico as Elements by holding the Alt key when you launch the application. You can run it as LE by holding down the Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) key while launching the application.

That is awesome. Thanks for the quick reply!

I can’t seem to make this work. I have trial licenses for both Dorico Elements 3 and Pro 3. Now that I have registered my license for Pro, I can’t open Elements. I’ve tried holding the alt key while launching from the start menu, and I went to dorico3.exe and held the alt key while launching that. Still, only Pro opens.
Sorry to try reviving this rather old thread. If I don’t see any action, I’ll start a new one.
Gerry