Is it possible to not have a MIDI track for each drum in a drum set?

Hello,

I’m using EZDrummer3 which has plenty of drum mixing capabilities. I’d prefer not to have a MIDI track in the mixer / play mode for each drum in the drum set because of this. Is it possible?

Thanks,
David

Are you asking for Dorico not to show an individual track in the track overview for each instrument in the kit? If so, there’s no option for this at present but in the near future (not the next update, but the one after that) we expect to make some improvements to the way percussion kits are shown in the track overview, and indeed there will be a dedicated editor in the Key Editor for percussion kits in due course too.

There’s at present no way to influence which MIDI faders will appear in the Mixer: it’s an “all or nothing” type of affair.

1 Like

I guess what I mean to ask for is having all of these MIDI tracks is unnecessary overhead for my use case. I’d like a single Drum Kit staff sending MIDI to a single VST channel with a single track in play mode and a single MIDI fader.

indeed there will be a dedicated editor in the Key Editor for percussion kits in due course too.
This sounds cool!

From a MIDI point of view, at least, that is what you really have if all of the instruments are pointing at the same endpoint, but the Mixer is not clever enough to know this, so you get one fader for each instrument. However, I’m curious what you’re using the MIDI fader(s) for?

You’re right that I don’t have too much direct use of the MIDI faders themselves, but their presence clutters the mixer (which is a bit hard to scroll through when it gets busy).

You can of course hide the MIDI faders in the Mixer altogether, if that helps a bit.

1 Like