Is it possible to set "cue send" in prefader by default ?

All in the subject :slight_smile:

Hi all

A Huge plus 1 on this, suppose one could set up a template(which I have) of sorts but mostly it’s really irritating to have to change it every time and I would have thought that prefader is the most logical default status… not so Steiny?

Best Regards

Dave

another huge +1. How could this be getting overlooked? The whole idea of cue sends is to give the musicians a separate mix from what I have in the control room…so why would it not default to prefader?

no one else agrees with this? (or maybe no one uses control room)

A partial workaround would be to enable the Q-Link feature and then select all your tracks and switch them to Prefader. Of course this is not so effective if you don’t want to activate Prefader on every single track.

+1 for this.
i really hate it every time to select all the tracks and with q-link change to pre-fader.

Hi all

This exactly what I do, it’s still a bit of a pain though, definitely ought to default to prefader I think

Best Regards

Dave

+1…
its really strange decision to default CUE to post fader… or maybe they missed that altogether when programing !

I have NO idea why it would default to post fader for a cue send either…it makes NO sense at all so a huge +1111111

from me

MC

Personally, I can see the sense in either setup. Having the Cue Sends pre-fader or post-fader might make sense depending on what you want to achieve. For example, you might want the Cue mix to simply be a modified version of your main mix (perhaps with just the vocals louder for example) and you therefore might want any changes you make to your main fader positions to be reflected in your Cue Sends. It just depends on how you are working.