Is steinberg anti American or just anti customer?

first of all, it took me more than 3 years to be able to figure out how to be able to post on this forum - for some mysterious reason creating a user name/pw is not enough, something somewhere has to be activated. there is no US number to call for service, and the number that I had in my file that I called today, message says they do not help American customers, only Canadians. anyway, did I lose my purchase of Steinberg Cubase elements 6 when I switched computers? hopefully I can keep my promise to never buy from them again, it is not so difficult to keep things simple for people, but it is very obvious that this company wants to make things complicated

by the way, I am not American.

it shows , you can talk without shouting :wink:

That must not mean it´s Steinberg´s fault though…

And that? Well, res ipsa loquitur.

When a customer who has spent more than several thousand dollars over a span of 3 decades (me) who has user name and id and can not sign in because of some gimmick of having to adjust some settings somewhere, it IS their fault. of course there are computer geeks who have more patience then me in these things, but I would expect that a customer should not have to go through all that to gain access to the forum.

The above statement is not possible because
this forum version was started on Dec 10 2010 which is just over two years ago.

{‘-’}

Welcome to 2013. since 2011 I was trying to access this forum for help. then by mistake yesterday, I finally figured it out. the halion and other stuff that i purchased on steinberg.net, i even gave up completely on using it, because of their licensing complications and inability to get any tech support.

As much as i hate to add to the negativity, i’m with you on this. The whole lack of a US number that is. I ran into the same issue when i had a problem with some software activation (my Cubase 7 upgrade incidently). I searched the interwebs high and low for a customer service number for Steinberg (and there USED to be one mind you!) And now all I can find are numbers for Canada, and for other countries. I even tried calling Yamaha. Everything I did lead me right back to that annoying customer support form. Absolutely maddening.
Steinberg did not acknowledge my email (except for the automated email response) for 2 days. The whole time, I was thinking, what if this were a REAL problem and some of my clients were sitting around while I WAITED for Steinberg to get back to me? Even AVID has a support line for Americans (granted you gotta pay). And AVID is NOT known for their support. At the end of the day, it wasn’t Steinberg who finally solved the issue, it was the third party reseller that figured out the issue and solved the activation problem!

Talk about being left in the ditch. But, my American hands are tied here, because I dig (most of) Steinberg’s products. So after that experience I realized one thing:

Steinberg doesn’t give a $h1t dude, you’re on your own! :wink:

Yeah, I had a horrible time figuring out how to log onto the forum until someone told me I needed to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time. And oh yeah, not be an a*hole.

Please! rytis

Whether you like or do not like the product [Cubase]
has nothing to do with politics or religion.

And even though you feel this way IMHO
those words are not very kool to be posted here.

(And will not be very productive in getting Steiny to
change their products to better suite any one particular user)

Rant yes.
Complain yes.
B1tch yes.

But let’s keep the posts about the gear.

Sending much ALOHA :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
{‘-’}

I will tell you that I have owned Cubase since 2.0 and in every instance of my contact for support , the guys at Steinberg have gotten back to me as stated and have replied to my emails and questions. I remain thankful for the help and loyal to the cause of improving a great piece of engineering

Seriously, why post on this forum and make awful comparisions?
And yes, that is a rhetorical question.

this is day 3 of my latest attempt to resolve issue. im now running a trial version when I not only purchased licenses, but also the dongle usb linenser ting from them. what it does I have no clue. sorry if I complain too much, but with other software I 1. never needed a “dongle licenser” and 2. I could just download the software again, for example corel draw, I just called them up and they emailed me the link where to download it yesterday, easy as that. if we don’t complain or let our problems be known, we’d have more of them. and oh, for those of you who are happy with your software all working, may I suggest you go get creative with it.

Usually with Cubase elements 6 it does not do anything at all, since it uses a soft eLicenser. The more I read of you, the less I think your “problems” are Steinberg´s fault.

That´s usually how it works with Steinberg also - have you contacted them at all…?

The point is just - some people can do it a “normal” way, and then there´s people like you, flooding the forum with the same poopies through different threads…

Yea, 2 days ago, and yesterday the guy from steinberg emailed me back this:

Hello Ryt,

Please go to > http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html > Download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center.

Here is your activation code:

****************************** Cubase Elements 6

****************************** Wavelabe Elements 7

To download the license to your computer, open the eLicenser Control Center (For PC: Start menu, All Programs, eLicenser, eLicenser Control Center | For MAC: Applications, eLicenser Control Center). Then click on the green “Enter Activation Code” button at the top left. Follow the instructions to enter your code (you can copy and paste your code using the normal commands).

Your computer needs to be connected to the internet to complete this download. If you have any trouble with this download, please reply to this email.

Thank You

Joel Gragg
Steinberg US Support

ref:_00D30F1z._50030QBtKN:ref

I did what he suggested, but that did not instal the software, only licenses. no reply from him back

Please do tell me the normal way to get my purchased software

I was talking about a “normal” way to complain.

Well, and did you ask him for a download link for the actual Cubase software…? Or on how to activate or reactivate your software…?
So have you now downloaded the Cubase elements trial from within your “mySteinberg” account?
And have you tried to activate it - if so what have you done to activate it?

"Try Cubase Elements 6 free for 30 days! Here you can download and activate the software.

Click on the Request button to receive the download link and activation code with which you can try the Cubase Elements 6 Trial for 30 days. You may only request your personal activation code for Cubase Elements 6 Trial once."

I’m sure this should work, but in all the mourning and angry words that accompany your posts I can’t have the patience to really see what goes wrong at which moment in your struggle to get elements.