Is steinberg anti American or just anti customer?

You deserve what you get for not backing up the installer when you bought it. Bet you’d blame the car dealer if you lost your car.

Oh, and three years not knowing how to use the forums? Never tried the forum you can post in without a registered product to ask how it’s done? Shows you don’t have too much upstairs. Add to that your comments that got erased or were edited by you and the big fat L word is all that’s left. :wink:

Hi there,

@rytis:

Please contact Steinberg:

info@steinberg.de

or send me a PM.

Best regards,

Marcus

I asked him that initially before he replied, and I asked him again after he replied 2 days ago, and I emailed him again just now, asking the same question. I tried activating trial version with my codes, but they don’t work, only the trial codes in the email. I tried this with wavelab, not with cubase. I figure why waste time with cubase if it won’t work with wavelab, better wait to see if someone can give me the link to the non trial software.

troll

Rytis,

Everyone would be disappointed or just downright mad if one should lose their precious software for whatever the reason is. No doubt about that. Do yourself a favour and persist in contacting Marcus just like he posted in this thread. Wait and deal with him.
Do not pollute this forum, however, I’m asking you. Most of us are on this forum to help eachother or gain knowledge. Angry remarks and insults back and forth is going nowhere. Nobody wins, nobody gains.

I just sent you a pm.

edited by Admin*

Your PM shows in outbox until the recipient has read it :wink:.

Well that is one of the reasons i am dumping Steinberg and not going 7 after 15 years
of using Cubase…as of now Steinber has the worst Tech Support or no support at all.
This actually happened after Yammy bought them, before there was a phone number.

He is still right, it is almost 3 years and…yes this forum is the hardest to get to,
not like any other on the net, you have to go thru their website and thru your
account there…and yes i know for protection but it is still the only site.

If we coul all focus on the topic, we could get a lot further. the topic here is a customer who is the rightful owner of the software, can not get an answer where to download his software. effing pathetic.

Hi rytis,

as I have written before in my PM , it has been weekend and the support is NOT opened during the weekend.
I had no links or access to the Steinberg server, so I could not send you the down-load links at the weekend.

Rytis, just take look into your email inbox and you will find the down- load links.

Best regards,

Marcus

Really do appreciate you’re uber-frustrated Rytis, here’s a pro-tip for life though… no matter how enraged or persecuted you may feel, chances are it’s being greatly exaggerated by your feelings of frustration. Take a step back, breathe, re-read what you write before you post it, and always try to be friendly and approachable. People will go a lot further to help you then! This applies to any situation where you’re trying to get a problem resolved by a company or trying to get help on a forum.

Source: being a boob in the past, getting even worse customer service because of it, then realising that being friendly and approachable garners much better results.

Although it does very much sound like a case of misunderstanding / user error, I hope you manage to resolve your issue! :slight_smile: