Is the Audio Alignment Panel really that bad?

I’m curious to know if any Cubase users have found a way to get a good result using the Audio Alignment Panel? It’s so hit and miss, and for me most of the time it’s a miss. I’ve tried ReVoice Pro and it’s accuracy is way better, but, I dislike the UI and way it works. It just seems unnecessarily complicated.

Also are there plans to update the Audio Alignment Panel soon? It would be so nice to have this feature work as it should.

I tried vocaligns plugins about 1-2 years ago, and I could not notice that much of a difference. IIRC vocalign even was less accurate sometimes.

Try to use shorter sections, as it seems to work better with those.

But these algorithms could be better in general, its the reason why I do most of the alignment work by hand still.

I have tried using shorter sections and get slightly better results, but even these better results are usually poor. Occasionally it’ll work well on one or two stems but the majority always need manually fixing. The results I got with ReVoice Pro when I tested it are impressive, but it’s just horrible to use, and it’s not cheap.

Cubase seems to excel in most areas, but this is a massive let down, and I don’t understand why it’s even a feature when it doesn’t really work.

Hello
I had already reported my experiences in the German part of the forum.
I used Audio Alignment (German Audio Ausrichtung) to exchange a video soundtrack.
Project: Choir concert with strings, brass and kettledrum
Sound recording 6 tracks, completely mixed and post-processed as a stereo track.
Video with stereo sound track
Since Cubase only exports video audio in 44.1 and 48Khz, I set up the project with 48kHz.
Imported video with audio track
Good soundtrack imported
Audio alignment: very bad result, mostly abort with error message
Then new project with 96Khz
Imported video with audio track
Good soundtrack imported
Audio alignment: very good results
Best regards

Addition:
in an other project alignment didn’t work (neither 24/48 nor converted to 24/96)
Shotcut (open source software) did the job reliable

If not already done, and to directly help the devs, can anyone attach some clear examples for them to examine, showing before/after where this is reliably not good - and supply the accuracy seen when compared with output from other software (before/after).? Otherwise I fear the situation here, will forever remain as it is…

I do also appreciate this stuff is hard to do.! Other software, doing a much better job, can be a deal more expensive as a separate purchase. (I’ve no experience of this ‘Shotcut’ open source software).

There again on the other hand, it may be a case of SB being fully aware of limitations here, but have simply not (yet) been able to devote resources to bring real improvements to the technology. We can’t know unless they say something…

Providing hard evidence will at least keep visibility high, of the programs weak-spots.