Is the educational license not upgradeable?

So I bought the upgrade from 3.5 to 4

I ran the download assistant and upgraded. Seemed to be working fine.

But Dorico 4 won’t start saying I don’t have any license. Then when I try to activate the license again it shows my dorico pro 3.5 as “not upgradeable”

Is that true? How would one go about getting Dorico 4 then? Do I have to buy it again?

No, don’t worry! It being marked as “not upgradeable” only means that it is no longer upgradeable, because you have just upgraded it :slight_smile:

So what we need to do is figure out why Dorico 4 thinks you have no license. Can you try quitting Steinberg Activation Manager, then using Activity Monitor quit Dorico, VST Audio Engine and Steinberg License Engine, if they are running. Then try running Steinberg Activation Manager again: does it show you that you have a Dorico Pro 4 license in your account?

Thank you! Glad to hear that :smiley:

Unfortunately, it’s not working. Could I have been logged in with the wrong account when I did the activation? Or did it actually activate but getting confused?

It shows me this

When you click “dismiss”, does it show you a Dorico license in your account?

no…but now Dorico looks like it’s trying to start up - I am very confused… :joy:

Do you have more than one Steinberg ID? If so, try signing in with the other one. If you were signed in to a different Steinberg ID when you redeemed your Download Access Code in Steinberg Download Assistant, that is the account that your license is now associated with.

Thank you!

Will this cause any problems running 3.5?

No, not at all. Dorico 3.5 will still run as before, but note that it still relies upon your eLicenser.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I am really excited about the new features!