Is the iCPro app dead and gone?

Windows 11 connect the Ski Remote in C12 no problem. And the Apple software connects to the DAW. However, the Apple iOS 16.1.1 update, both on the iPad and iPhone display the Project UPSIDE DOWN on their screens and cannot be manipulated to move to another position or compress enough to see all the functions of the iCPro.

As I went to find perhaps an updated iCPro version in the Apple Apps store, I find that the iCPro app doesn’t exist anymore. Dead product?

What are you ppl using to control the DAW remotely these days? Thanks.

Yeah. Look in the Mobile Apps catagory

Still using icpro but it has t been updated in years and has lots of bugs. I just use it to start recording while sat at my drums.

1 Like

Thanks, gentlemen. It was great while it lasted, that’s all I can say…besides f-bomb! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anybody know if Steinberg has something in the pipeline to replace the app? I found it quite handy to remote control Cubase while not sitting in front of the laptop.

Been asking for ages and never had an answer. You can use the avid Eucon control on an iPad which works quite well. Still hoping Steinberg release something although we never know until they announce

I’ve just about had it with Apple and Steinberg. Been with Cubase since the Atari ST. I only got an iPhone to control Cubase, and only after Frontier Transport stopped working. Then my phone automatically upgraded, and I can’t control Cubase from my tracking room. This is unacceptable. We need SOMETHING to remotely control Cubase. Otherwise, I will have to switch to a different DAW and learn it. But I have to say that another huge problem is that in the newer versions of Cubase, the features that are in my muscle memory are now all hidden, and I have to spend hours and hours searching online and in the manual to find them. The switch from 6.5 to 7 was horrible, and made even worse by the switch to 9.5, which is the last system that will work with my audio hardware. Looks like I’ve wasted over a hundred hours learning the new Cubase program only to find out I need to change DAWs. I hope I’m wrong, but it doesn’t look like it.

The iC Pro app hasn’t been discontinued.

3 Likes

Actually, since C12 now supports MIDI via Bluetooth, isn’t that easier to download a free bluetooth MIDI control app and set it up with MIDI Remote in Cubase ?
I think it’s a lot less hassle than having to install and configure an additional “connection” program on your PC.

Will the updated Cubase IC Pro work with Cubase 9.5 in OS 10.13? Because otherwise I will have to reinstall my iPhone OS, and I only have a few more days left in which reverting to the 16.10 version will still be allowed.

Unless they did any more than just put a band aid on it, most likely any other fader/ control app is better at this point. Avid Control figured it out years ago. Start with that.

Since my last post, the iC Pro App has been updated at the Apple Store and working very nicely with iOS 16.2 (on my iPhone and iPad). The new Apple Bonjour (1.1.0.15) program is installed on my Win 11 64bit DAW and performing/connecting as it should, as well.

As to BT compatibility using another app, maybe this is something that might benefit Avid users but this connects as well as any BT device I use. The visual of iC Pro, seeing the Steinberg Project, the Channels (and their controls), plus the multi control panels options on the iPhone or iPad screen is pretty necessary to me.

Louis_R, maybe you can link or post a free BT MIDI controller app that you like? I would love to see it in action.