Is the MBIT dither the same as in my Ozone 5?

Just wondering if it is redundant. If so, wondering how I might use that to my advantage… Put the Ozone plug before the Master fader. What would be the advantage in that?

Anyone have this plugin and have thoughts about it?

Dither must come after the last operation on the data, which includes any gain change; therefore it is simply incorrect to put it before the master fader, and negates its effectiveness.

But we could have a plugin with dither included in the master section (example : L2 Waves) if we disable dither in dithering section I think.

You could, but the point pwhodges is making, is that you’re doing it wrong that way, since there still is a gain section (master fader) after dithering. Better option would be to put L2 in the dithering section.

But if there is no gain change in the master section, is it OK to use the dither in the new montage master section?
For me, that is the ideal so I don’t have to think about loading a special master section preset with each project.

Maybe a good solution then is to choose “bypass master section” when rendering files or making DDPs so audio is not passing through the master section?

But if there is no gain change in the master section, is it OK to use the dither in the new montage master section?

Yes, as far as you don’t use the Master Section at all.

When you say, “don’t use the master section”…do you mean, don’t insert anything or change the gain from 0.0?
Or do you mean manually disable it from the render or CD/DDP writing?

Both solutions are possible.

Thanks, I just wanted to double check as I plan to leave the main master section on but not use it. Once the Ozone 5 latency issue is resolved for the montage master, I plan to always use that so it’s as part of the montage without an extra step.