is the new firmware only of use to ipad users?

Hi,

Is the new firmware any use to someone like me who uses my UR’s to record only into my DAW. I do use my ipad with icpro in the studio, is this update only for people recording to their ipad, or is there something I’m missing here about it’s use in the studio?

MC

Hello,

The V2.10 update has been specifically developed for individuals recording to their iPad.

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_hardware/UR824/Mac/2.1.0/ReleaseNotes.pdf

Thanks,

I think the real question being asked is; is there any incentive for people not recording to iPads to upgrade?
Also. will not upgrading have any impact regarding future updates?

Thank you Brian, that’s exactly what I’m asking :slight_smile:

MC

I posted this question in another thread and have not received an answer yet:

I notice that the iPad dspMixFx has 2 additional buttons on it compared to the PC version:

1. Expand input level view
  2. Record FX

Will these options be available to the Apple and PC versions soon? They look like useful options.

Thanks.

Rimshot51

Hi,

I think the real question being asked is; is there any incentive for people not recording to iPads to upgrade?
Also. will not upgrading have any impact regarding future updates?

The update is mainly for users who would like to use an iPad to record with the UR interfaces.

The changes with this update are:

• Auto detection in CC mode. The UR recognizes if an iPad or a computer is connected
  • Compatibility with the dspMixFx app for iPad

There should not be an impact on future updates.

Will these options be available to the Apple and PC versions soon? They look like useful options.

1. Expand input level view

This input level view also exists in dspMixFx for UR824. Currently there is no plan to adopt this view in all dspMixFx versions. But we will investigate this request.

1. Record FX

This button already exists in the dspMixFx applications for UR44, UR28M and UR824 although it looks different here. You can switch between “INS.FX” and “MON.FX”. If you switch “INS.FX” the behavior is the same as if you turn on “Record FX” in the app.

Best regards,
Stefan

Thank you Stefan.