is there a way to avoid the curve from the beginning with fade on or in?

is there a way to avoid the curve from the beginning with fade on or in?

as I developed my own curve for specific things, and that small curve/ inclination in the beginning is not supposed to be, but I can’t find a way…

some help please :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand your question properly.

If you don’t want to use the non-destructive Fade-In, you can select the Audio event, and set the Fade-In to 0 in the Info View. Or move the triangle to the Audio Event start.

The size of the attached image doesn’t show the complete curve in the audio event than have a (fade-in), you are only watching the beginning of the curve on the event but is a very long audio event and the curve covers the whole event .

The red circle in this image represents the blue circle. Is just the beginning of how the firt point of (fade in) is translated in to the event.

My question is, if exist a way to start the fade line at the desired height, instead of having before that tiny / diagonal curve occasioned by the first point of the tool?

In resume, I don’t want to make fade in from the bottom, I want to have some db from the beginning and I want to avoid that tiny curve showed in the circles.

I hope my description is better now

Hi,

I’m most probably your description is understandable, but my English is poor…

If you want to start the Fade In in other then time 0 (0 of the Audio event) you have to cut the Audio event. Or you have to make a silence for the time at the beginning (what is impossible, because of the snapping). Unfortunately you can’t even see the specific value (dB) of the point.

Did I answer your question?

Or you have to make a silence for the time at the beginning

hi Martin, yes thank you very much, this will work for now :slight_smile:

I hope Steinberg develop a bit more this old tool to freely move the points and improve the users curve design

I discovered a better way! is this hidden feature??? by accident I used the pencil over the event in the arrange and I noticed you can sketch the fades! every day I love more Cubase!

HI - for this kind of automation you’d be better off using an automation lane.

The fade tool is more for short fade ins.