Is there a way to change the window color?

Yeah

I get the Pale blue on workspaces

ie - that’s any window set within the main window which isn’t maximised,

It doesn’t bother me that much, more I don’t understand why it happens, and to be honest it doesn’t look right,

In W8, it looks like W7 windows popping up in a W8 environment (the difference is more noticeable)

it’s been like that across Vista,W7, and W8, since at least Cubase 5

Workspaces would look so slick in W8 if SB overcame this behaviour of Cubase, they could include ‘Workspace Set Ups’ with the program to get people into using this very powerful under used feature :smiley:

The best aesthetic solution - well half a solution (and only if you have two monitors) is to assign the mixer to be ‘Full Screen - Monitor 2’ - then at least you get rid of the pale blue windows on the mixer :slight_smile:

Only problem then is - The Project window still has pale blue edges - AND monitor 2 only lets certain types of windows pop-up over the full screen mixer. I.e. It lets you hit the channel edit button ‘e’ - and those windows pop-up fine…BUT windows like the Key Editor won’t pop-up - you have to drag them over to your other monitor - the one with the project window in it.

You know what this all lead me to believe…

Steinberg have botched the windows handling in Cubase 7 - the colours are just the symptom - the problem is two different types of windows handling in the same program!!

Hope SB are reading this and get it fixed - the pop-up windows problem is actually an annoying bug - sorting the colours out would be a bonus!

I just can’t understand why?

it’s not gonna stop anyone’s workflow, but it looks like something SB forgot to iron out or didn’t do properly?

is it really hard to fix it?

is it viewed as so unimportant they wont fix it?

I know, isn’t a essential feature but no change since feb in this :frowning:

As far as I’m aware it’s been this way since SX1
Master window and all windows which are set to always on top get your chosen theme colour.
All other child windows not set to always on top get the default windows blue theme.
Protools does this too.

One way around (in Win7) is to set the theme to use the old standard windows 98 look. Now Cubase windows will all follow the theme.

Its a trade off though, cr@ppy win 98 look for everything just so you can have some coloured windows in Cubase OR
some blue windows in Cubase with everything else looking cool.

I just set my Windows theme to Blue and be done with it. Then eveything matches and I can ignore the OS and get on with the job at hand.

Well I’m trying windowblinds to get rid of this.

Isn’t a really big deal but I know one thing, to the clients those pale blue windows look “amateurish”

Its a cubase issue and needs sorting.

because stardock windowblinds works as expected, this is not a Windows issue

Its a Cubase issue

I’ve said it before I’ll re iterate

Workspaces are an excellent feature for workflow - because they are such an important feature they should appear as expected and follow Windows colour scheme set by user

Take a look at Wavelab’s current ‘MS Office 2007’ theme, then wonder why you had any hope for anything Steinberg-related having good aesthetics.