Is there a way to install 7.5 w/o losing Halion 5 content?

Hello,

I have been using Cubase 7.5 since its release date and in my opinion it is a big time saver workflow-wise.
The only problem I experienced since installing it on my Mac is that after I installed it I lost all my Halion 5 and Halion sonic 2 presets. Only a few sounds are there in the list. No World Instruments, no Synths, etc.
I have tried to copy files manually but nothing seems to work for now.
I am now planning to install 7.5 on my PC but before I do that, I would like to know if there is a solution regarding this issue so I can install 7.5 safely without losing any of the Halionsonic presets.
I have read quite a few threads but no concise solution.

Let me apologize beforehand if the solution already exists and I have missed it.

Thank you

Would love to hear your experience with this one , especially from HS2 users, so bump!

You may need to rescan the right folders in MediaBay and the presets will reappear?
Or are they swept off the hard drive?

[typo edit]

since installing it on my Mac is that after I installed it I lost all my Halion 5 and Halion sonic 2 presets. Only a few sounds are there in the list. No World Instruments, no Synths, etc.

You may need to rescan the right folders in MediaBay and the presets will reappear?

I’d say HowlingUlf’s answer is probably it.

I have C7.5, HALion 5 and HalionSonic 2 installed on three different Macs on four drives (one Mac has 2 boot drives: 10.6.8 & 10.8.5) and all the HALion5 and HalionSonic2 and SE presets are available. I had to rescan at least two of those C7.5 installs to get everything to show up. It happens.

Hi guys and thank you for the replies.
How do you actually scan the Mediabay?
I have already done this and the presets show up in Mediabay but not in HalionSonic 2’s preset list which is really weird.
Can you let me know which folders do you scan exactly? Do you also do something in HalionSonic/Halion?

Thanks!

I am at a loss of how to get these presets back. I also lost presets in REValation. Can someone please post the idiots guide to getting them back? Im not sure why this topic is left to “us” instead of a clear doc showing exactly how to do it. wtf

I would like to suggest that Steinberg adresses this issue, it has been the case in various versions of cubase that presets etc etc are lost. Mine solution was Always top completely de-install, install the cubase core.

Then make sure everything is seeable in media-bay (includes scanning the extra directories).
Then when installing products with samplelibraries I make sure that all these go to a location for example d:\SampleData, I Always dismiss the default instal;l locations which are in %userdata% or in your user-profile.

This is of course for windows.
Menoj

Try clicking the Rescan Disk icon.
It’s one of those tips, that once learned, I’ve never forgotten. :mrgreen:
Rescan.png