Is there a way to move/convert/migrate inserts to 'direct offline processing' to save CPU?

Hello, I’ve had a rough idea of ‘direct offline processing’ and,
since my track number gets increased as I am mixing…

Would there be a way to ‘convert’(?) or simply move the list of inserts to make it as,
direct offline processing to save up CPU usage?

So, I know alternative ways of, ‘freezing’, or simply rendering and disabling the original track.

I’ve been using these ways frequently lately and I thought…

maybe I should make usage of direct offline processing, for a temporary lock? and go back when I need to for extra adjustment, while saving up some CPU…?

How do you all manage CPU usage for like, a project with around 80 tracks?

My mac is pretty strong and never get over half way by the end ‘but’ it does get hot so I really wanna manage effectively and looking for some good tips for it :slight_smile:

Thanks! (*I have been searching about this over the forum and the most similar post was back in 2018 so yeah! I am kinda reviving for newly updated tips! :))

Hi,

No, sorry, there is no way.

I’m not 100% sure I understand your request, but I think it is possible - you can apply insert FX from the inspector or mix console one by one or as a whole plugin chain to the offline processing:
select an event/clip - go to audio>direct offline processing - drag a single FX or the whole insert rack to the direct offline processing list.
This will render all FX with their current settings into your audio.
Does this help?

3 Likes

Hi,

Oh WOW! Thank you!

1 Like

Unless it changed in 11 (im on 10.5), you can only drag the whole insert rack from Mixer. it doesn’t work with left zone inspector.

1 Like

Ok, how is the signal flow chain…? will it sound exactly the same??

Direct Offline Processing goes in between whereabout…?
Pre----------------- Post fader?

What happens if I insert extra ‘after’ having direct offline processing activated?

Awesome Frank! thanks :slight_smile: