Is there a way to notate this kind of tremolo?

스크린샷 2021-10-21 02.47.33

I can see there’s an option for minims, but it doesn’t give me to do with other note values?

Yes. It is easy. Enter two semiquavers, select them and then select the appropriate multi-tremolo from the panel.

multi-trem

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your solution, but I chose the wrong example (sorry!)

How about this one? This is what I get:

When you apply a type of tremolo, it doubles the displayed note values of the two notes selected, as in the accompanying picture, but together they still occupy the same number of beats as they did before being “tremolo’d”. So you need to start with two notes which are half the value.
The best way to understand is to experiment with different note values and see what results you get.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. However, what I want to know is if I can make the first beam to touch the stems. I’m sorry if it wasn’t clear!

For that, look in Engraving Options > Tremolos > Multi-note Tremolos > Advanced Options.

Sorry, but there is no option for it.

In Dorico 3.5 it’s the first item under Multi-note Tremolos, the middle option. (The Advanced Options are just for distances, not applicable here.)

The primary beam will touch the stems if you enter the correct note values to being with (as Steven explained). Your attempt shows as dotted quarters, so you must have input dotted eighths. You need to input two dotted 16ths and then make the tremolo.

1 Like

well if you check the piece above, you will notice that the tremolo is dotted quarter length–I can see why the publisher used that notation.

But as it doesn’t make sense I think I should just use the notation below.

Yes, I agree. Sorry I misread the example (repeatedly). The connected beam unavoidably makes them read as eighth notes, which is why Dorico won’t do that.