Is there a way to select all notes in all flows?

Hey all,
I’d like to set a property below for selected notes, but for the entire project…

Cheers,
Benji

I think you’d have to do it a flow at a time (either by filtering notes then - if there are any tuplets -filter deselecting tuplets, or via Selwct More).

What’s the property you’re wanting to set?

Well, Leo, it’s my usual issue:

For guitar, I always want to have fingering outside the staff, but I also want to always be able to use the slide-in property.
The only way right now is to “allow fingering inside the staff” in Engraving Options and then use the “Stopping finger position”-property below per note/flow.

One can always hope for additional Engraving options to one day solve this…

Cheers,
Benji

I must admit that I’d find it useful to be able to filter and hide playing techniques in multiple flows at once for’ full scores’.
Also, to make lines colourless (or hide them).
It can become a little tedious if there are many flows.

Indeed. I’m making an exercise unit now, and decided to use many small flows for easier layout and organization. Unfortunately the issue becomes more prominent, the more flows there are…

B.

One 1+ here. Cleaning up an XML with 25 flows. I would like to select and delete all text and lyrics in the whole score. Do not say, I do have to do it 25 times for each flow separately ? 25 times for lyrics and 25 times for text items? Not really time saving…Is there hopefully a way to select everything in a whole score?

Two things:

1. You can zoom out until the whole score is tiny and visible. Then drag-select the whole thing.

2. Use a script to work through all the flows.

You can record the steps you want, to find out what command you need:

app:doCommand([[Edit.SelectAll]])
app:doCommand([[Filter.Lyrics]])
app:doCommand([[Edit.Delete]])
app:doCommand([[Filter.Text]])

Then wrap a for loop around it, to work through each flow.

local app=DoApp.DoApp()
app:doCommand([[Edit.GoToFlow?FlowID=0]])
numberOfFlows=25
for i=1,numberOfFlows do

app:doCommand([[Filter.Lyrics]])
	app:doCommand([[Filter.Text]])

app:doCommand([[Edit.GoToNextFlow]])
end
1 Like

Thank you so much. To zoom out is a great idea, but having 25 flows I still do have to do it few times. Unfortunately I am not that familiar with scripts. Would you recommend me please some videos, tutorials in order to understand how it works? Its all in Terminal? This function to select across all flows is definitely something what must be added in future Dorico updates.

No, not the Terminal: this is built-in to Dorico.

Copy the script (just the second bit, from “local”, to “end”) into a text editor.

Save it somewhere as “Cleanup Flows.lua”.

In Dorico, go to the Scripts menu and click on “Run Script…”. Select your file.

Any scripts added to the “Script Plug-ins” folder will appear in the Scripts menu.
This folder is in the same place as Dorico’s preference files, defaults, Playback Templates, etc, etc.

On Mac, that’s [user]/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 5/

On Windows, I think it’s in %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 5\