Is there a way to select (for ex.) a chord symbol & then have Dorico select "all similar items" to the end of the line?

I’ve found this functionality very useful in Sibelius, where the command is command (or control)-shift A (I presume for “select all following” or select all similar") - much faster than first selecting all chords then filtering chords (though I suppose I could also “marquee” select the chords). As an alternative, is there a way to select/highlight the first chord symbol, then select the last with shift held down to select all chord symbols in between (as you can do with notes?) Thanks for any info (can’t find it anywhere) -

• D.D.

No, there’s as yet no equivalent to Sibelius’s Select More command, but I daresay we might add something like that in future.

For now you would have to use either marquee selection (click and drag over a bunch of chord symbols) or use regular block selection (click in a bar, Shift+click in another bar) followed by the appropriate filter.

Select all similar objects
Select all equal objects
Select all following objects

…would all be very useful.

Select all similar objects
Select all equal objects
Select all following objects

…would all be very useful.

…and wouldn’t being able to select the first chord symbol and then shift click the last symbol - in order to automatically select all chord symbols in between - be a useful “no-brainer” (as you can now do with notes)? (hint, hint…)

• D.D.