is there a way to "write" on the timeline...

hey there,
i am wondering if there´s a manner to label the timeline or anything in cubase to mark the different parts of a tune???

the reason:
i am now doing a guide-track of a bigband-composition that i made. it´s a suite aprox. 20min. of time running. i´d like to label the different parts of this suite…

another point is that i started doing sound/music for films. until now all projects have been very short… but what about if you have 90 min. of film running???

hey there,
i am wondering if there´s a manner to label the timeline or anything in cubase to mark the different parts of a tune???

Yes, and it´s even called like that - marker

yes, i did that… but i can´t see any possibility to “write” inside of it.

in my suite i´d like to write above - for a better orientation - the rhythms which are sounding at that moment.

When you select the marker track, look in the inspector on the left. The list of markers are there and can be edited. There is also a popup. You can’t “click” and type on the marker itself.

PERFECT !!!
that worked out… thanks a lot !!!

I prefer to use the double markers, seems more usable. For example, select a marker in main arrange screen, hit key P and / you can then cycle just that section

I also re-order the inspector screen so that I can see the list of markers on the left side next to the numbers. It’s a more logical layout and easier to name each marker.

P