Is there a zoom in print mood ?

Is there a zoom option in print mood ? I want to see my logo and other image like snap QR And Instagram

Yeah, itā€™s called ā€œPage Widthā€ and ā€œWhole Pageā€ :smiley:

Otherwise no, the zoom menu is greyed out. If you are on the mac you can hold the control key and zoom in and out on the whole screen which is equivalent. Windows has similar functionality.

You can use Hide Invisibles in any mode, though, which is basically an instant (temporary) print preview. On my machines itā€™s the button just to the right of the left Shift key, but dependent on what keyboard layout you have it might be underneath the Escape key. Search Dorico Preferences > Key Commands for Invisibles and itā€™ll tell you what key is currently assigned.

Yeah hide invisibles is really useful, like when youā€™ve got some system type element hiding notation. Companion to that is the Z and X keys for keyboard zoom. What would be neat with keyboard zoom is if it would zoom centered on the mouse location.

That function does not work in the Print mode, at least in Catalina or earlier. Not being able to zoom in in the Print mode is annoying when working on the small screen of a laptop: even in ā€œPage Widthā€ the view is so small that I have to bend and look very close.

What DanMcL describes works on Mac no matter what you are doing, and zooms the entire screen. You may have to enable it, though. By default itā€™s Control-scroll up & down to zoom in & out. It zooms in on the very pixels that make up your screen image, so itā€™s not a very good substitute for being able to zoom in to a page.

Well, it deosnā€™t work on my mac. (Zooming is enabled in the System Preferences.) This may be a mac OS problem; there seems to be a lot of complaints about this online. I never need the feature, so I hadnā€™t even noticed itā€™s missing. Zooming does work properly inside the zoomable windows in various apps, though.

Have the complainers turned it on in System Preferences > Accessibility?

NB: Preferences are snow called ā€œSettingsā€ in Ventura.

But as Mark says, itā€™s not the same sort of zoom as ā€˜normalā€™ zoom, as things stay a bit pixelated at high zoom, instead of being redrawn with sharped vectors.

Sure. As I said I have that turned on but it doesnā€™t work. Anyway, this is not a Dorico problem, and as you say, the ā€œnormalā€ zoom is not of good quality, anyway.
I think it would be desirable to have the print window internally zoomable.

Whatā€™s your input device? Third-party mouse? Trackpad?

Do the keyboard shortcuts above work for zooming (if you turn them on)ā€¦?

Iā€™m using the touchpad of the MBP, with the pinch gesture for zoom. But the other shortcuts donā€™t work, either. Go figure.

Have you tried cmd+two fingers swapping up/down? I think thatā€™s how it works on mine, bur I never use it.

Thatā€™s what weā€™re doing! :grinning:

It works for me on my MBPā€™s trackpad. Perhaps thereā€™s some other setting thatā€™s interfering?

First thing to try with a problem like this is to create brand new user account, and see if it the problem appear there or not. If not, then the cause is something in your original user account. If it still appears in the new account, then the problem is at the system, not user level.

Read the dialog more carefully. As I said, itā€™s scroll up/down, not pinch in/out.
You can also change settings in Accessibility > Zoom.
This is not germane to Dorico and I will say no more about it.

Well, this is very embarassing. Indeed Ctr-Scroll works. My only defence is that Iā€™ve never (!) used that function, and zoom inside app windows uses the pinch gesture. Thank you for your help and patience, and sorry about this off-topic thread.

2 Likes