is there an actual video on RCE with demo in real "life"?

how does the Remote Control Editor works ?
in steinbergs videos they only show the software connections but not the actuall use with controller and how it integrates with RCE and real working situations with it.
does the controller always control the VST/I in focus ? should the RCE be opened for each plugin you want to edit ?
dont get the actual concept :exclamation: (dont have suitable controller for RCE yet)

There’s this: - YouTube

Hi Mozizo,

have you seen this? Step-By-Step Guide for using the Remote Control Editor - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Regards

Hi.
yes i saw that post and that video.

lets say for example i have the Korg nano control(which i think support MCU protocol)
1: i create an audio channel and insert in slot 1 vintage compressor and in insert 2 steinbergs distortion.
if i change for this to plugins the RCE layout for my liking are they saved for this plugins for good ? even if i open another VC on other track or competently new project ?

2:how do i get focus to control the distortion plugin in slot 2 ? by navigating with the HW controller or i just can open the its Gui and the HW now controls it ? maybe both ways ? and do i have to always open RCE GUI to control the plugins

You can look at this without an actual remote hooked up. Open the Remote Control Editor and reassign or move some tiles around, close and save, then do it for a few different ones. I did not test it just now, but I remember it saving and recalling the layout. (99.9999% sure!)

Note that the Korg Nanokontrol 2 is the one that has an MCU emulation, (not the original one) but another forum member posted that it was incomplete- Since there is no ‘Next Page’ button on that device, so you can only access the first line of parameters in the RCE.

In any case the reason the newer korg device works is not strictly due to the MCU protocol, but to the fact that the knobs are endless rotary controllers, and on the older device it’s just 0-127.

In any case the reason the newer korg device works is not strictly due to the MCU protocol, but to the fact that the knobs are endless rotary controllers, and on the older device it’s just 0-127.

it was only for the example but thanks for the info anyway :wink:

O.K so RCE saves the changes made which is great,
what about the second Question ?
if it has an option to control whatever plugin is in focus its could be a winner.
currently i have CC121 which not suports MCU/UHI im thinking about MCU like controller or selling my MR816 and buy maybe Yamaha digital mixer.(didnt deside yet)
but anyway i want to control and mix less with mouse and more with control surfaces(knobs+faders controlling MC,VST/i) that has quick workflow and intuitive.