Is there any way to add a new clef without the courtesy clef appearing to the left of the barline?

I am doing a worksheet and would like the clef to change frequently, but for the new cleff to be full size and to the ight of the barline. Mine shows up as a small clef to the left of the new measure…

If your worksheet involves essentially separate exercises on each line, perhaps those could/should be separate flows. (Flows can be any length, even just a few notes - whatever you need.) If you really want to keep it in the same flow, you can use a coda.

Edit: if you need to keep the clef changes within a system, you can change the default scale factor of clef changes in Engrave > Engraving Options > Clefs in Dorico Pro.

If you can share a screenshot or example of what you’d like to achieve, that might be helpful.

Just a suggestion: you’re more likely to get answers from users if you try to post in English. It’s more difficult to respond when we have to pull up with something like Google translate.

1 Like

Hi Dan, I had no idea I was posting in German….

C823DF9108F74DC18CAB8D66C646DB2D[4719316].png

Gregory Day

Day Music Services

www.daymusicservices.com

864 650 8987

23FBCC6E5A9741A5AF7A04A0AF074FBA.jpg

I believe Dan’s reply was aimed at another responder.

If someone feels more comfortable posting in their native language and either leaving other comfortable speakers to reply or for non-speakers to use a translation service to get an idea for the request, I’d say there’s no harm in that. Almost certainly better to share the question/request in another language than English, than not to share it at all!

4 Likes

I agree entirely. I remembered enough Italian to understand Dorico54’s reply and there will be people on this forum who have some knowledge of other languages anyway.
I remember a forum discussion on the Telegraph or Guardian website some time ago, basically it was in English but there were several replies in French and Catalan.

It’s also better to let folks describe their question in their own language and letting responders translate as they are able, since that will likely allow the clearest description of the original situation, which is important.

A fumbling attempt to tease out an English description of the question if one has English skills that do not encompass the music-notation jargon in English may only delay a helpful response.

1 Like

I will to do you occasionally. My English makes not so happy since one years.

1 Like

Lillie,

Here is what I mean. See how the new clefs are on the left of the bar? I would like them to be to the right of the barline, in the SAME measure as the key signatures, to create less confusion for my music fundamental students. Thanks for your help

C823DF9108F74DC18CAB8D66C646DB2D[4719316].png

Greg Day

Day Music Services
www.daymusicservices.com
864 650 8987

C68F2E3DB30D42849B19573F6B68FF11.jpg

If you set the engraving option I mentioned in my previous reply (Engrave > Engraving Options > Clefs) so that clef changes are scaled to 100%, that will automatically show all in-line clef changes at full size.

For showing them on the right of the barlines, you can either use the note spacing tool in Engrave mode to move clefs graphically, or you could investigate using codas - although I can’t remember off the top of my head whether a coda with a 0 mid-system gap will show clefs on the right of the barline.

I was just trying that Coda trick as you were typing, Lillie.
It works!

1 Like

Smashing! The last step then is only to select the codas and hide them (using the Properties panel at the bottom of the window).

1 Like

There’s also a setting at Engraving Options > Barlines > Key Signatures to show regular barlines rather than double barlines.

Rather than hiding rests, I’ve lazily scaled two minims (half notes) in each bar to 1%, as that makes it very easy to add the Major/Minors as lyrics with extender lines.

1 Like

I did try moving them individually with a mouse and it was very challenging to say the least moving the cliffs also created changes in the bar lines. I will take a look at some other options, thank you again

Greg Day
Day Music Services
864-650-8987

So you just add a coda and then hide it?

Greg Day
Day Music Services
864-650-8987

Moving items in Write mode changes their rhythmic position (where in time they exist). Moving in Engrave mode adjusts their graphical position only, not their “home” position. Dorico automatically positions things in Write mode according to accepted notation practice and your engraving options for the order of some items, but you can overrule this manually in Engrave mode and by changing various default settings.

Yes indeed - input the coda, hide the coda, make sure your Engraving Options are set such that there’s no gap for mid-system codas and the default barline at codas is single, not double (if you prefer).

Thanks again…. I’ll give that a shot!!

Greg Day
Day Music Services
864-650-8987