Is there any way to import Plugin Collections?

I made a folder of my “Go To Plug-ins” in N10. I didn’t want to have to re-build this folder in N11. Isn’t there anyway to save the folder from N10 and just import it into N11?

Profiles.

Profiles

Profiles allow you to save customized program settings and preferences. You can switch between profiles, and import and export your profiles for use on different computers.

Profiles are helpful if you work on different computers if you use different settings for different kinds of projects, or in a studio environment where several users work on the same computer. Profiles are saved as files with file name extension .srf.

Profiles include the following:

• Preferences
  • Toolbar settings for all windows
  • Global workspaces
  • Track control settings
  • Track control presets
  • Presets for input and output busses
  • File format presets
  • Plug-in collections
  • Quantize presets
  • Crossfade presets
  • Key commands

All changes done for these settings are saved in the active profile.

Important

The following is not included in profiles: Settings in the Studio Setup dialog and in the Audio Connections window, presets on the Control Room tab of the Audio Connections window, track presets, plug-in presets, and project templates.

2 Likes

Thanks. I tried it. But it didn’t work as expected. Not only did it not give me my Go To Plugin Collection, it reset a large part of my preferences, that I knew I had to rebuild inside N11, back to default! I’m willing to chalk it up to “Pilot Error.” But I can’t imagine what I did wrong. The instructions seemed pretty straight forward. I saved my profile in N10. I labeled it and Exported it to the SB folder provided. I opened N11 and ran the import process. It told me to restart the app for the new profile to take effect. When N11 re-opened it was back to it’s default appearance. Fortunately, since I’ve only been trying various things out in N11, I hadn’t done a lot and it only took an hour to get all of that back.

But this is concerning since I’m actually starting the formal migration process over to full time use.