Is there any way to use a key command to insert automation points?

I find myself inserting automation points all the time, often with the same values (lowest value, highest value, 0 dB, etc).

Is there a key command to insert an automation point with a specific value on an automation track at cursor?

I can’t seem to find it. It seems the Project Logical Editor doesn’t allow you to insert automation events or even change a selected automation event to a fixed value…

I don’t believe there is.

But my question is, since you have to navigate the curser around anyway to find the correct position (assuming you use the mouse, or do you use the transport buttons?) how is a key command of any benefit over a single mouse click?

This also assumes you have preferences set so you can click any blank area in the project window or, sft+alt+single click in any editor.

I’m here to learn, and use many KC’s plus Mackie Control protocol, so please enlighten me.

I use the key commands for fast forward and fast rewind a lot to position my cursor :slight_smile:.

But the main thing is that you often want to enter an automation point with a specific value. For example, I’m creating 0 dB automation points all the time and every time I have to drag around with my mouse or go into the info line to get it at 0 dB. Wouldn’t it be great if we could just have key commands to insert automation points with specific values.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would love to hear about it!

1 Like

+1 to this!

I’ve been able to set up, using my keyboard only (key commands) through the Project Logical Editor to completely manipulate automation points (up/down/left/right - by determined value). The last step for me is being able to create a point with a keystroke. Would love to be able to do this as it would be much quicker than using the mouse for my workflow.