"Is This As Good As it Gets?

Might remix this just freshly re-worked track in C7, but for now here is my new mix of a song that was originally written about 8 or 9 years ago:

Is This As Good As It Get’s?

:sunglasses:

I like!
It reminds me of some other things you’d done 6 or 7 years ago.
IIRC, this was from your ‘age of innocence’. :slight_smile:

I like the changes and it sounds quite polished. If I had a minor niggle it’d be that maybe the
lead vocal could be a touch lower, and some snare hits are a bit out front - but it sounds fine as is.

Ian, over the years you’ve given me less and less to find fault with, damn you! :wink:

Sounds very polished. Great mix. The opening reminded me of “Rawhide”, so I thought it was going to be a cowboy song! :laughing: Just me, I think. Also, during the chorus, there’s something that occasionally buzzes in my left ear… don’t know what that is, but I noticed it. Really minor points though.

Hi, Good song as per usual…very sixties feel which aint bad…ever…voice sounds a bit boxy to me and is a bit loud…just a bit tho !!..if early21 says something is buzzing…then something is buzzing, that guy has great ears…Kevin

or more likely defective headphones!

you spotted that wrong bass note in my track…you got great ears !!!fact !!!

Nice track Ian, like it. Did you use variaudio on the intro vocal? It sounds a bit weird to me at times. Could be bandcamp though.
Now I believe you have not heard this one in a good while, but I’m afraid I really don’t think the snare is quite right. Needs more rattle, it hardly sounds like an accoustic snare to me.

I hear the buzz Early hears too, it’s in the keyboard sample you use.

Yeah, I like it! :slight_smile:

moond.

Maybe because this one was written 6 -7 years ago?! :slight_smile:

I like the changes and it sounds quite polished. If I had a minor niggle it’d be that maybe the
lead vocal could be a touch lower, and some snare hits are a bit out front - but it sounds fine as is.

Actually, the snare is a bit of problem… the level/velocity is audibly all over the place… even though its not :S Not sure what’s happening there? e.g. there’s hits at identical velocities - one plays back soft the other hard?

Ian, over the years you’ve given me less and less to find fault with, damn you! > :wink:

Sorry. :blush:

Cheers. The ‘buzz’ has gone… I put it there to add a bit of ‘texture’ but it seems it just sounds like faulty headphones. :smiley: So I’ve replaced it…

…and yeah, pulled the vocal back a notch or two.

…or it could just be my weird sounding voice! Actually there’s a number of note pitch tweaks throughout. Hadn’t really noticed anything that I normally associate with Variaudio artifacts though? Oh, and I’m testing driving a different snare… but I do now have problem as mentioned above with the velocities seeming to be up and down… even though they’re not. :neutral_face: Anyway… I’ll sort it…

Thanks for the feedback :sunglasses: