Is VST Connect a solution for sharing ASIO streams?

Think I’ve already asked this question previously but didn’t get a response. I need to work remotely with someone who is using Win 7 64bit, Cubase 8.5. I’m on Win 10, Cubase 10.5.

We currently use Teamviewer so that I can remotely operate their system, but I can’t get TV to pick up the ASIO stream from Cubase. Short of particular virtual loopback options which seem to need to change the driver used in Cubase, is VST Connect an option for simply sharing our ASIO outputs? I need to hear their output, they need to hear mine. We don’t need to remote record or anything like that.

Only other simple option I’ve seen (short of an expensive Source Connect) is Audiomovers: Home - Audiomovers
But that requires a minimum of Win 8.1 and Cubase 9.5.

Will VST Connect do this? It seems as though its more intended for remote recording performers, which is not what we need to do.
Thanks

no

It depends. You cannot connect two Cubase instances. You can connect with someone using VST Performer app and use Rehearsal mode which means when you play back in Cubase, the remote Performer app will receive that, and Performer can also send to Cubase, but only external Inputs.

Missed opportunity here, definitely.
This year was the year to implement such a feature considering whats going on in the world.