Isn't anybody going to post anything interesting here?

ok, ok…that’s enough with the interesting stuff.

Now when is somebody gonna post something s-u-b-s-t-a-n-t-i-v-e-? :wink:

That’s for the Substantive thead. This is for Interesting stuff.

OK, to keep it music related, I saw a band on Wednesday that were appropriately both “Fun & Interesting”. The keyboardist wasn’t there on Wednesday so if three can do it then perhaps also two can.

welll, I could help the guy with the VST3 problems in the cubase forum, but as I am not allowed to help him, because I only own Nuendo I shut my mouth…

'bout time somebody put a muzzle on you philanthropists.

Bloody moral exhibitionists! What’d they kick you out of the Nuendo forum already for too much self righteousness? :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

They -were- fun and interesting. thanks for the link. I heard a bit of an Eno/Talking Heads influence.
Love the backup vocals on the poster board. :sunglasses:

new mouse = awkward for a few hours, but brand new and shiny! mini gear lust! :sunglasses:

but it works amazingly well without a mouse, if you know your ways around your pc.

Never mind that, Voles are small rodents that grow to 3-7 inches, depending on the species. They can have 5–10 litters per year. Gestation lasts for 3 weeks and the young voles reach sexual maturity in a month. As a result of this exponential growth, vole populations can grow very large within a very short period of time. Since litters average 5–10 young, a single pregnant vole in a yard can result in a hundred or more active voles in less than a year.

also, a digital filter is a system that performs mathematical operations on a sampled, discrete-time signal to reduce or enhance certain aspects of that signal. This is in contrast to the other major type of electronic filter, the analog filter, which is an electronic circuit operating on continuous-time analog signals. An analog signal may be processed by a digital filter by first being digitized and represented as a sequence of numbers, then manipulated mathematically, and then reconstructed as a new analog signal.

and bear in mind that in its most general aspect, counterpoint involves the writing of musical lines that sound very different and move independently from each other but sound harmonious when played simultaneously. In each era, contrapuntally organized music writing has been subject to rules, sometimes strict. By definition, chords occur when multiple notes sound simultaneously; however, harmonic, “vertical” features are considered secondary and almost incidental when counterpoint is the predominant textural element. Counterpoint focuses on melodic interaction—only secondarily on the harmonies produced by that interaction.

And of course, not forgetting: Swallows and martins are a group of passerine birds in the family Hirundinidae which are characterised by their adaptation to aerial feeding. Swallow is used colloquially in Europe as a synonym for the Barn Swallow. This family comprises two subfamilies: Pseudochelidoninae (the river martins of the genus Pseudochelidon) and Hirundininae (all other swallows and martins). Within the Hirundiniae, the name “martin” tends to be used for the squarer-tailed species, and the name “swallow” for the more fork-tailed species; however, there is no scientific distinction between these two groups. The family contains around 83 species in 19 genera.
The swallows have a cosmopolitan distribution across the world and breed on all the continents except Antarctica. It is believed that this family originated in Africa as hole-nesters; Africa still has the greatest diversity of species. They also occur on a number of oceanic islands. A number of European and North American species are long-distance migrants; by contrast, the West and South African swallows are non-migratory. A few species of swallow and martin are threatened with extinction by human activities, although other species have benefited from human changes to the environment and live around humans.

speaking of swallows, is it true that spit swallows suck at blow jobs?

I’ve reposted my moveable frozen parts request again in the Cubase 5 sub-forum. Now THAT should get interesting! :laughing:

Okay, I believe that’s the driver I’m using, the Vista driver. But somewhere on the EMU website there’s a beta Win 7 driver for download. I tried it, but WDM wouldn’t function using it, so I went back to the Vista driver. I see they still haven’t come up with a Win 7 driver, here 6 months later… although the Vista driver DOES work perfectly

I don’t want to start a debate, but… isn’t it possible that people who kill people that kill people might do it in order to STOP them from killing more people? Because there’s a difference between someone who pushes a little old lady out of the way of an oncoming bus, and somebody who pushes a little old lady INTO the path of an oncoming bus – even though BOTH can be accused of “pushing little old ladies around” :stuck_out_tongue:

This might not apply to non-Americans, but did anybody see the Austin City Limits featuring Andrew Bird, and then later, St. Vincent? Whatever you say about their music, they are certainly interesting. I’d read about Bird over the years but had never heard his music. He’s actually a fine singer – reminds me a bit of Jeff Buckley or even Freddie Mercury. But it’s very cool how he uses loop machines and other tech to achieve a huge, multi-layered sound with just 4 guys. And Annie Clark of St Vincent is so damn cute! Also a good singer – a bit like Tori Amos or Kate Bush in her approach.

You can stop people killing more people by locking them up in jail. The biggest killers in society actually get rewarded and write their memoirs.

Okay… but sometimes that’s hard to do when they come in large groups and are well armed… it would have been pretty difficult to incarcerate the entire Wehrmacht during the height of WWII, especially since they were so vigorously trying to kill us :exclamation:

Oh dear. That didn’t take long.
Anyway, I found this quite interesting.

THis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDw7gvd-us is really interesting too, and music related. :wink:

They never told what the cost of the repair of a completely worn down console ended up at, did they? :astonished: :laughing:

I was at Expressions College earlier this year. A friend teaches there. I went to visit him and share experience with one of his lab groups about recording.

Extremely cool place. You should see their machine room. Insane. What got me, is in this picture. The mains were flipping huge for the room we were working in. Sounded good, but huge main monitors that could probably blow a woman’s dress off, well maybe not. Studio construction was stellar. The sound lock doors must have been 8 inches thick and what was so interesting is they kinda lifted and dropped down when they were closed. Couldn’t hear a peep on the other side. Was very envious. I wish I had that kind of money to have a facility like that even though I do love my place.

Anyone living in the San Francisco bay area who is really serious about film or music should at least take a visit at the very least and study there if they can. Not sure if they place their students, but the facility and amount of knowledge and diversity the place has, AV, animation, etc… you will leave there extremely intelligent and a better engineer.
_DSC0198.JPG