ISSUE: Cannot select effects Plug-Ins for Instruments

Hi there,

I am hoping someone here will recognise this problem and be able to help. In which case I thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I have recently upgraded my PC to a fully fledged workstation (dual Intels - 78 threads) and 256GB RAM runnign Windows10 and Nuendo 8 (and also ProTools 12).
I have installed Waves, iZotope and some other plugins. However, when I select any of the plugins for these, it is not displayed in the Inserts cell. I can see the plugins in the drop down list but when selected the plugin simply isn’t displayed either in Project window or MixConsole (or any other window).
I have gone in to the PlugIn Manager and carried out a refresh a couple of times, but this makes no difference. The PlugIn Manager window is correctly displaying all of the plugins I have installed, and none of these have been Blacklisted.

I have since re-installed Nuendo and all of the plugins, but this has made no difference.

So does anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong here?
I need to finish a mix in the next few days, so as you can imagine this is fast becoming an issue and very very frustrating.

Many thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Hi there,
I’m hoping someone has an answer to this major headache with Cubase 9 and Nuendo 8. Steinberg hasn’t answered, yet, so thought I’d try other forums.
I have an issue whereby I can only select around a third of my installed plugins. It should be easy and straightforward to select a plugin (effects plugin) in the INSERT section of Cubase’s MixConsole, or in the Insert section of the Project Window. However, I have recently purchased and installed the latest iZotope Music Production bundle, and not ony cannot I not select any of the iZotope plugins, but for some reason I can no longer select the FabFilter Timeless plugin, or Audio Damage plugins, or some of Steinberg’s plugins, and only some of the Waves plugins. I have refreshed from the PlugIn Manager several times, restarted Cubase each time, and no change!!! I’ve added in all of the plugin specific folders (Programe Files and Program Files (x86) and refreshed from the PlugIn Manager - and no change!!!
What the hell is going on here?

Has Steinberg introduced a bug and not told anyone? :question:

So currently the only way I can use all of the plugins (or at least have the option to select them) is to start up Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 on my PC and select the plugins in to the VEP6 mixing channel. Crazy!!! Its now making it very difficult to applky the effects I want or to complete a mix in Cubase or Nuendo.

Lastly I have today uninstalled all Steinberg products on my PC and re-installed them, in the hope this would provide a clean slate from which the plugins would now be available. Yes, you guessed it, no change !!!

So, if anyone has any idea as to what is cuasing this or can provide a solution then I’d be a very very happy chappy indeed, and I won’t have to give a client the bad news (next week) that I cannot complete their film score.

Please help !!