ISSUE: CHANGING BUFFER OR FREQUENCY stop audio stacks. Panic audio don't work

Hi there,

Issue:
When I use panic botton (with audio modo on) , or changing in the device menu, or in the control panel of audio interface, any (buffer, latency mode, frequency), ALL STACKS is UNRESPONSIVE, MEAN NO SOUND, NO BAR ANIMATION ON DISPLAY.
No AUDIO FROM AUDIO STACKS, instead vst instruments on LAYERS WORKS ., and AUDIO TRACKS ON TRACKS, WORKS TOO.

to resolve:
You need to RE-CONNECT EVERY input (changing to other, then re-connect ) for every stacks.
Even you has double (just for test). or even if you are the same input on various parts or songs in the project.

Or you need to reload the project. (preload on/off don’t change any)

Note that all midi sound (layers) work perfectly, is not a audio interface drivers problem, is a KIND OF DISCONNECTION, maybe on audio input assignement.

version: vst live 1.1.10 (new release today, as previous version same issue).
The system is.:
win 10, 22h2 (previous 21h2 was the same)…
steinberg ur44, as audio interface, all yamaha drivers updated.

(confirming audio works after changing buffer or others from the audio direct from UR MIXER, that i need input muted if I play thru vst live, avoid doubling sound.).

System is updated, drivers too, i’m am a pro,old steinberg user, and all works properly with cubase pro 11 and cubase pro 12 and others audio asio prg (melodyne or others stand by instruments).

Please check!
regards, Frank.

1 Like

We do see problems here, thanks for the detailed description. The audio input is not reconnected properly in these cases. Re-connecting (set to not connected and back) works, but is obviously not what you should have to do, will fix asap.

Hoping, thanks!

1 Like

Found and fixed it, coming with the next update. One more time thanks for finding!

Good news, thanks to fix it.