[ISSUE] Issues with N7 (various)

Ok, so nine weeks after initial release the VCA breaking trim automation is still not fixed. It better be in the update, along with any other bugs of serious nature. And considering the marketing around VCAs one hopes they not only aren’t buggy, but also includes the functionality one would expect given marketing and documentation.

I’m a bit less than impressed with the release cycle now.

The communication has completely fallen off… Timo where you at?
:wink: :question:

As said, it will be (and is) fixed in the upcoming maintenance update.
Comming pretty soon.

Development can also release it now, leaving a few problems untouched … your choice.
:slight_smile:

Fredo

And as we said, we were just looking for a little communication about it.

Well, the communication is that it bis coming soon.

Fredo

Yeah, maybe what was meant was like… you know… communication from Steinberg.

Actually, it doesn’t appear to be, because users keep saying “We’d rather wait and have it done right rather than sooner”, yet here we are… and we’re usually “here”…

So when is it coming? Clearly not August any longer… And what can we expect from the update?

Hi,

I’ll add to the list some bugs I have encountered:

1. When drag&drop a sound from mediabay (import it, split the tracks), the cursor icon freezes and does not change anymore when trying to modify the size of an event or the volume; also it acts erratically when using the cut tool. To “unfreeze” the cursor I have to open the offline process history or a plugin on an event.

2. When Nuendo freezes and I have to restart it, some events have their waveform corrupted. When zooming in the waveform changes to it’s right state. I have tried some workarounds found on the Cubase forum but non of them worked. For the waveform to become correct I have to apply a plugin on the corrupted event which is an inconvenient.

3. Random times, the timecode box that appears when you move an event with the cursor, remains frozen onscreen until I close and reopen the project. And this could happen multiple times on the same project.

4. Sometimes, when opening an old Nuendo project (N5.5), the signal peaks lower on the output buss than any track or group on solo that is sent to it. Control room is off. To remedy it I had to delete and recreate the output buss.

5. The automation for bypassing an insert resets after reopening a project. This happens only for the first change state (the dot is still there) but remains intact on the next change states that follow.

I am curious if anyone else have encountered these bugs and if any of them would be fixed in the coming update. Thanks.

Patience friends.
There is nothing to be gained by bitching here at the forum.
You could be working in Pro Tools…

10 weeks (exactly) for an update isn’t patience?

(Waiting for some functionality to work correctly and completely that should have been included maybe a decade ago…)

I have an issue with the Edit Channel window - when I enable the extra output chain view, the window sometimes scales horizontally with one of the channels widened to a ridiculous degree.
When I then resize this window back, all the graphics start scaling upwards until the whole window is a mess.

Only way to fix it is to close and re-open, at which stage it looks fine again.

A special shout-out goes out to Fredo for deleting my thread.

All I asked for was an update on when the first maintenance update is coming. It’s a forum. Was that really too much to ask of the Steinberg representatives? Or did it offend your sensibilities or something?

Whoa, your thread was deleted?
WTF?!?

:astonished: :astonished: You must have touched a nerve Lydiot :slight_smile:

Extraordinary. I don’t recall there being anything offensive in that post! Seemed like a perfectly reasonable question. After all, we were repeatedly led to believe that the bug-fix update would arrive in August.

The question has popped up several times in various threads and discussions, and has been answered each and everytime that it is coming soon. Just as with any other update or new version, Steinberg has never-ever fixed an exact date.

Therefore, a new thread (not a post, a new thread) with a provocing statement like “so Steinberg, when can we finaly expect…” is of absolutely no use, except for cluttering the forum.
Therfore I have removed the thread.
The answer (still) is: they are working on it, and it is coming soon.
No other additional information will be officially communicated.

Fredo

Sorry, but you’re just misrepresenting this.

First of all, if it’s been said “everytime” that it is “coming soon”, then clearly we have very different definitions of “soon”.

Secondly, you’re being disingenuous when you say there hasn’t been an “exact date” stated, because the opposite is true; they stated “in August”. August is done. Now it’s the middle of September. “Soon” seems just as likely to still be 4-weeks-from-now as it was back in August - without further information.

Normally a moderator would take a new topic and split it out into a new thread, because, you know, a new topic like “when is the update coming” is actually OFF-topic in a thread called “Issues with N7”. A user unaware of this discussion in this thread wouldn’t see the topic while browsing thread titles. That’s one good reason for asking in a new thread.

What you care about more than keeping the forum more functional regarding that aspect is “provicing [sic] statement[s]”, or, as you’d call it no dobut “politics”. But, with four (or is it more?) updates being available for Cubase, how on earth is “when can we finally expect” a “provocative statement”?

This is just you trying to mitigate the fact that we’ve waited for a long time for an update.

And the users continuously ask for improved communication. At least the non-employee communicates that there won’t be official communication on this. I guess that’s something.

I suppose you’ll go ahead and delete this post now…

What’s just as frustrating as poor communication is seeing what the moderators DO engage with. The fact that deleting posts gets more engagement than communicating helpful answers is really disheartening.

Any updates on the “Screensaver not engaging when running Nuendo on Mac” ?

I swear I’m starting to get some awful unintended burnin on one of my 4k displays because I keep forgetting to engage the screensaver when I walk away from a session.